Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Oilers fan in peace. Thank you for Rico! Only four goals, but some extra important ones, and his presence in the locker room has been huge.

I find it hilarious how many other teams' fans talked him down at the deadline. "He's just a 3rd liner" ... "A first is too much" ... etc. But there's a few teams for whom he could have made the difference in those tight series. A late 1st is nothing when you're chasing the Cup.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Such a dumb rule
"The fastest game on earth!"
Except when we stop the game for 10 min to measure whether someone's skate blade was inconsequentially over the line by 1mm

I don’t think Florida can turn it around for game 7. There was a lot of talk from the players about learning what it takes to win after losing last year, but they lost that when they went up 3-0.

John
Panthers look like they are running on empty. Nothing left in the tank

Reactions: ff8

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
only way the oilers lose game 7 is if they decide not to show up. they've solved bobrovsky and the panthers have been playing like the BB era ducks in game 7s for these last few games

but it'd also be hilarious if florida ended up winning after all this

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
only way the oilers lose game 7 is if they decide not to show up. they've solved bobrovsky and the panthers have been playing like the BB era ducks in game 7s for these last few games

They suddenly reverted to the mistake prone team that was lucky to even make the playoffs last year. It's like they had magic Cinderella dust for a year but they suddenly remembered who they really are ... one game short of a Cup. Never seen anything like it.

but it'd also be hilarious if florida ended up winning after all this

Either way it's devastating for someone. I'd be just as devastated to dominate my way back from 0-3, just to lose in game 7. Especially with the clock still ticking on the McD Drai combo ... there's no guarantee they'll get another crack at it if they lose. You'd think they will if they stay together, but it doesn't always work that way.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
They suddenly reverted to the mistake prone team that was lucky to even make the playoffs last year. It's like they had magic Cinderella dust for a year but they suddenly remembered who they really are ... one game short of a Cup. Never seen anything like it.

Either way it's devastating for someone. I'd be just as devastated to dominate my way back from 0-3, just to lose in game 7. Especially with the clock still ticking on the McD Drai combo ... there's no guarantee they'll get another crack at it if they lose. You'd think they will if they stay together, but it doesn't always work that way.
Its gonna sting for Florida for many many years that they went to the cup finals twice in a row and lost both times. I think losing twice in a row past 2 years their GM is probably gonna throw some bartstools around.
Any game 6 loss for the team that has series lead is always brutal to their morale and seems to almost always lead to the winner of game 6 winning game 7 as well. It seems to be a thing in Baseball playoffs too. When Barry Bonds SF Giants had a 3-2 series lead and lost game 6 in a dramatic way, the Giants never recovered and Anaheim Angels were the champs.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
This is what I've been thinking. Battling back from 0-3 to lose game 7 is just devastating. Might as well have just lost in 4 or 5. Being up 3-0 and getting reverse swept is devastating. The shame will last forever.

This isn't the year to be on the losing team. :shakehead

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
The Oilers have all the momentum in the world AND the best player in the world. I can't see them not winning the Cup at this point.

I'll be happy for Perrs and Rico ofc but it's quite hard to watch the Oilers win a cup after being gifted 1st overalls and generational talents like crazy when we had the short end of the stick every f***ing time since we came up. Also, their fans will be insufferable.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
It's like Panthers all forgot how to play after game 3. Bobrovski can't make any saves, Montour makes mistakes, Ekblad can't move, Tkachuk has been pretty invisible the whole playoffs, Verhaghe can't score, the depth is missing.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So many people are gonna name their kids Connor in Canada after they win game 7. There already is too many Connors from Canada in the NHL (Bedard, McDavid, Brown, McMichael etc).

Reactions: ohcomeonref

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Can't believe Oilers will come back from 3 games down and win it all, especially after the way they played those first 3 games. Epic choke job by Panthers.
The series waa closer than the 3-0 would tell you. Florida dominated game 2, but game 1 the oilers outplayed the panthers other than bob standing on his head and game 3 they battled and almost made a comeback in.

Reactions: Kalv

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
If the Oilers win it, I will be so happy for Adam and Sam. And MD does deserve this so much. And honestly, easy to say for an Austrian, it is good that Canada gets it again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad