Value of: Mangiapane to Buffalo? What would it take?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Depends on how high that first is, IMO. I think he's got the value of a lower 1st. Kind of the value that a contender would pay for a high-end rental.
Yeah I'd have him somewhere in the late teens early 20's in this draft. Still way more than what we are giving up. Krebs and a 6th for Duehr and Mangiapane would be a fair trade I think.

Reactions: Zman5778

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Sabres just traded #11 for #14 and #42.

#42 for Mangiapane?

Calgary gets good value for him and Buffalo get him for free for moving back three spots in the draft.

Win - win ??

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
What about something like Krebs for Mangiapane? Krebs is young, has team control and is undoubtedly a center. His ceiling is the question -- is he an actual middle 6 guy or is he a fringe 3rd/decent 4th line center?

Of course, that would mean that Buffalo would actually have to get an actual 3rd line center. And a 4th line center.

But that's a different discussion altogether.

Was coming in to suggest Krebs Mangiapane swap. Maybe a late pick or something along with him.
Mangiapane has had a couple rough years production wise but a lot of it was a shoulder problem. Still had great 5v5 impacts. Spends a little too much time on his ass but he gets his nose in there and has good net drive. +shot from mid range.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How are we talking about an unretained 6 mill, 40 point winger as anything other than a cap dump.
You really need to look up what 1/2 a point per game players that are reliable defensively get paid... I know you spend enough time on capfriendly stinking up their trade board too, so you know where to look it up

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
You really need to look up what 1/2 a point per game players that are reliable defensively get paid... I know you spend enough time on capfriendly stinking up their trade board too, so you know where to look it up
Yep, for free, without any draft picks attached to acquire, you can likely acquire a better player than Mangiapane in UFA for similar or the same money.

Why pay for Mangiapane when you can just buy much better Teuvo for free

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yep, for free, without any draft picks attached to acquire, you can likely acquire a better player than Mangiapane in UFA for similar or the same money.

Why pay for Mangiapane when you can just buy much better Teuvo for free
Because free agents are living up to play in Buffalo, am I right? And "much better" is massive hyperbole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad