Around the NHL: Part XVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Eh, Miller's also in situation where's playing with elite offensive talent and systems where he can be plugged into a role with legit stars.

I gotta be honest with you, when I watch Miller this season, I still see a guy has the potential to look really good in the regular season, assuming you can hit all the right conditions for him, but who probably struggles in the playoffs.

His style of play hasn't changed, and it's still a fairly lazy style of play. The difference is that he has a shot to play with teams like Tampa and Vancouver and have linemates like Stamkos and Kucherov, or Pettersson and Boeser.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
32391950-2FB2-43DD-A3A9-6251D40FADF7.jpeg

JT's playoff stat line.

Lemme see that change too..

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
When I see Miller, I see the type of player that teams try to win with for a few years, only to trade in a swap for guys who tend to do better in the playoffs.

He's the type of guy who nets 35 goals with elite talent, but ends up getting traded for a 20 goal second liner and a 15 goal third liner --- both of whom play their most effective hockey in the spring.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
When I see Miller, I see the type of player that teams try to win with for a few years, only to trade in a swap for guys who tend to do better in the playoffs.

He's the type of guy who nets 35 goals with elite talent, but ends up getting traded for a 20 goal second liner and a 15 goal third liner --- both of whom play their most effective hockey in the spring.

So like what happened to Amonte :sarcasm:

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
So Akim Aliu (former Hawks draft pick who got a very brief NHL shot with the Flames) has just accused Bill Peters of using racial slurs against him the locker-room during his playing days.... interesting times in the NHL for head coaches right now

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think it's often forgotten that Amonte was having a *really* down year in 93-94. He wasn't even pacing 20 goals when he was dealt.

Looking at his career before and after, I think most of that was the Keenan factor.

Keenan was, and is, just a different breed. It’s really hard to describe him. He’s like an artist in some ways. He can be very unpredictable.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
You can't say these things and expect to be saved by anyone. It's not acceptable. It was a long long time ago, but not now, and not in 2010. Good on the Flames for making this really quick.

Reactions: Brooklyn Ranger

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Off to Russia he’ll go
It's the only way he'll ever work in hockey again, but the Flames showed some backbone here. They did the right thing.

Just a tragedy all around.

EDIT: Maybe he hasn't been fired yet... but he will be if there's even a whiff of truth to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad