Around the NHL: Part XVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

But, but, but I was told we were just holding him back and that he is a good player! An NHL player!

Gimme a damn break, so glad we let him go. I am sure the Sabres are blind too and are holding back the Incredible John Gilmour....

One of the worst “defenseman” over the past decade to play the position for this team. Guy didn’t know what defense was.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
ESPN has us ranked 26th in the league currently... Pretty lazy ranking considering we've beat or hung with some good teams lately. We're 27th in the league but we've played anywhere from 1-7 less games than some other teams

No way we're worse than Calgary is right now

Reactions: NYRangers16

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

But, but, but I was told we were just holding him back and that he is a good player! An NHL player!

Gimme a damn break, so glad we let him go. I am sure the Sabres are blind too and are holding back the Incredible John Gilmour....

One of the worst “defenseman” over the past decade to play the position for this team. Guy didn’t know what defense was.

why do so many players that play as defenseman are not very good defensively?? like John Gilmour, Brady Skjei, Tom Poti, Cam Fowler Andy Greene for example. why even play that position? why not just be a forward if they can't be at least average defensively???

Reactions: leetch99

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
why do so many players that play as defenseman are not very good defensively?? like John Gilmour, Brady Skjei, Tom Poti, Cam Fowler Andy Greene for example. why even play that position? why not just be a forward if they can't be at least average defensively???
John Gilmour is still a better defenseman than 99.99% of the planet. He's only not good defensively in the context of the world's elite.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
That f***ing overrated Fleury save folks ... it made it to Germany as "safe of the century"*

I have yet to see an angle showing if it even went on net. Rask's save was much nicer, grabbing the puck while falling with his blocker hand.

*the typo "safe" originates from the original article by Sport 1, giving a little glimpse into the amateurish, sensationalist nature of German coverage of NA sports.

Last edited:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
That ****ing overrated Fleury save folks ... it made it to Germany as "safe of the century"*

I have yet to see an angle showing if it even went on net. Rask's save was much nicer, grabbing the puck while falling with his blocked hand.

*the typo "safe" originates from the original article by Sport 1, giving a little glimpse into the amateurish, sensationalist nature of German coverage of NA sports.
Lol wtf Germany

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Zuccarello continue his hot streak with another assist this saturday night on PP vs Boston! 1-0 :)

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Are the f***ing Islanders ever going to lose again? I'll go one step further...are the Islanders ever going to have shitty period again this year? lol

Don't know about y'all but I'd bet I'm not on an island here(no pun intended) but I'm getting sick and damn tired of this friggen shit. I want them to come down to earth already and what's concerning to me is that though obviously they won't be able to keep up this pace, I'm concerned that they might be just this good and be a threat for the Cup. No I don't buy the Oilers at all but I do think the Canes might be a threat for the Cup.

Anyways my point is I hate thinking what I'm thinking but I watch a ton of hockey and I watch a ton of the other teams around the league and I have to admit, the Islanders are one of the the top 4-5 teams in the league along with Boston, Washington, St.Louis and the Avalanche who when they get Rantanen and Landeskog back will be even better than they are now.

What's remarkable is that they don't have even one star player at all. I mean Barzal is somewhat close to being a star but IMO he's in that 3rd/4th level of stars. If there was ever a team that was the sum of all of it's parts it the Philes. Amazing what a great coach and great system can do for a team...it really is.

Have I mentioned I'm sick of all of the Philes damn winning yet?...oh yeah I did...my bad...lol

Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Finally...finally the Philes lose tho they get a loser point.

Ya see, all I had to do was whine publicly about the Philes winning too much and voila...the hockey gods listened and dealt them bastards a loss!!

I should have done this sooner...lol

Don't have the schedule handy but whenever it is we play the Philes, it's going to be as intense of game between the two teams in a long long time. I got a feeling next year and for the rest of the upcoming new decades Ranger Islander games will start to have a new meaning than it has been the past 10 years or so.

I'm old enough to remember vividly the late 70's early 80's when the rivalry first really took hold and there is nothing and I do mean nothing than a Ranger Islander game when both teams are really good and the games mean something.

I can't wait for the next playoff series between us and the Philes as it will be epic as I'd think alot of my brothers in here aren't old enough to have ever seen an Islander Ranger playoff series.

Trust me when I say this...there is nothing more intense and stressful and exciting than playing the Islanders in the playoffs. It will happen soon...I am supremely confident of this. It won't happen this year but I could definitely start to see the possibility of it beginning 2020 going forward...here's to hoping...:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad