Around the NHL: Part XVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Are the ****ing Islanders ever going to lose again? I'll go one step further...are the Islanders ever going to have ****ty period again this year? lol

Don't know about y'all but I'd bet I'm not on an island here(no pun intended) but I'm getting sick and damn tired of this friggen ****. I want them to come down to earth already and what's concerning to me is that though obviously they won't be able to keep up this pace, I'm concerned that they might be just this good and be a threat for the Cup. No I don't buy the Oilers at all but I do think the Canes might be a threat for the Cup.

Anyways my point is I hate thinking what I'm thinking but I watch a ton of hockey and I watch a ton of the other teams around the league and I have to admit, the Islanders are one of the the top 4-5 teams in the league along with Boston, Washington, St.Louis and the Avalanche who when they get Rantanen and Landeskog back will be even better than they are now.

What's remarkable is that they don't have even one star player at all. I mean Barzal is somewhat close to being a star but IMO he's in that 3rd/4th level of stars. If there was ever a team that was the sum of all of it's parts it the Philes. Amazing what a great coach and great system can do for a team...it really is.

Have I mentioned I'm sick of all of the Philes damn winning yet?...oh yeah I did...my bad...lol
Isles have a much tougher sked the months of Dec-Jan....I predict 3 games under .500 hockey without accounting for loser points . Accumulation of Loser Pts put them 6 pts over .500 though....they win against the poor clubs.

Last edited:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Isles have a much tougher sked the months of Dec-Jan....I predict 3 games under .500 hockey without accounting for loser points . Accumulation of Loser Pts though put them 6 pts over .500 though....they win against the poor clubs.

If they want to take the next step Lou L is going to have to do something bold at the deadline. Add a JG Pageau or something like that.

Reactions: leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
If they want to take the next step Lou L is going to have to do something bold at the deadline. Add a JG Pageau or something like that.
Not sure what their cap is ....but they do have Ho Sang to move in a trade /rental of somebody ....not sure what he can bring back value wise .

Last edited by a moderator:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Yzerman has his work cut out for him.

Zadina isn't looking like anything more than a complimentary winger early on. Seider is a big project with albeit high boom potential.

There's no top center in their pipeline. Have to think they end up worst in the league and can't drop past a position where they can get Lafreniere, Byfield, Holtz, or Perfetti.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yzerman has his work cut out for him.

Zadina isn't looking like anything more than a complimentary winger early on. Seider is a big project with albeit high boom potential.

There's no top center in their pipeline. Have to think they end up worst in the league and can't drop past a position where they can get Lafreniere, Byfield, Holtz, or Perfetti.
He's killing it in the AHL though, no?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
LOL MoneyPuck.com added a live 'Deserve To Win O'Meter'

upload_2019-11-24_19-10-49.png

upload_2019-11-24_19-15-59.png

Last edited:

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Not sure what their cap is ....but they do have Hop Sing to move in a trade /rental of somebody ....not sure what he can bring back value wise .

considering no one wanted him for free on waivers. probably not much

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Tippett just took a timeout in OT to keep McDavid/Draisaitl out. They've been out almost the entire OT.
I think it's a great strategy. Those 2 are pretty much cheat codes on 3v3. You should be feeding them as much ice time there as possible.

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Isles have a much tougher sked the months of Dec-Jan....I predict 3 games under .500 hockey without accounting for loser points . Accumulation of Loser Pts put them 6 pts over .500 though....they win against the poor clubs.

From your mouth to the hockey gods ears Leechie. I hope your right as what's worse than the Islanders winning is that my damn cell phone keeps blowing up with texts from college buds of mine who were born on the Island and I gotta read their bragging and shit and letting me know how good they are...lol

In all seriousness, I did take a look at their upcoming schedule and like you say it does look more daunting. We'll see if they finally come down to earth as it can't come soon enough!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Not sure what their cap is ....but they do have Hop Sing to move in a trade /rental of somebody ....not sure what he can bring back value wise .

I've said it a few times but it deserves repeating. One of the biggest parts of us getting Panarin was keeping him away from the Islanders.

Can you imagine how good they would be with him in their lineup? It's frightening to even think about it...lol

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Matthew Barnaby on rooming with Eric Lindros: "He's a big ass man, when he has too many cocktails he likes to wrestle... You never end up on the right end of that."

:laugh:

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Matthew Barnaby on rooming with Eric Lindros: "He's a big ass man, when he has too many cocktails he likes to wrestle... You never end up on the right end of that."

:laugh:
He is HUGE....I remember looking at the size of his feet LOL...he was here on PEI at a local resort back at his first Flyer training camp . Myself and a bud got to the resort at 6 AM and happened to catch him in the foyer and got him to sign a bunch of cards and stuff for us....which he did . My bud arranged to take him and a few others out lobster fishing . I never went...I stick to land LOL.....anyways...they said he ate 12 lobsters by himself !!! Somebody brought up Tie Domi's name while they were out at sea....I guess the conversation was some kind of funny . He was pretty hated by Dan Kordic and a few other Flyers . It was a great week to be a hockey fan even though it was the Flyers.

Reactions: Maximus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad