Around the NHL: Part XVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I mean, Bobcock is 100% going to be the coach of the Flames right?

Unless he decides to wait for a better job

Would be kind of weird if that eventuated. It seems the only reason Aliu said anything was because of the story about Babcock/Marner, and Peters being a coach under him back in the day.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
I don't think that'd be the first time we've heard of a coach kicking/hitting players while we're on the bench (there was a Chiclets interview where a player mentioned this, but I can't remember who said it), but Peters' comments to Aliu are gross and he easily should never coach in the NHL again.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Eh, Miller's also in situation where's playing with elite offensive talent and systems where he can be plugged into a role with legit stars.

I gotta be honest with you, when I watch Miller this season, I still see a guy has the potential to look really good in the regular season, assuming you can hit all the right conditions for him, but who probably struggles in the playoffs.

His style of play hasn't changed, and it's still a fairly lazy style of play. The difference is that he has a shot to play with teams like Tampa and Vancouver and have linemates like Stamkos and Kucherov, or Pettersson and Boeser.

Yeah I mean...Miller was really good for the Rangers too at times. He can produce points especially with elite talent, but his motivation has always seemed up and down. It was sickening how much he gave up on the team after they announced they were going to rebuild, he just flat out stopped skating on the ice out there. His playoff production speaks to a guy who piles it on when things are coming easily but struggles when things get tight.
I don't hate him as a player, but I think the Rangers were right to move on from him even if they probably should have gotten something bigger in return.

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yeah I mean...Miller was really good for the Rangers too at times. He can produce points especially with elite talent, but his motivation has always seemed up and down. It was sickening how much he gave up on the team after they announced they were going to rebuild, he just flat out stopped skating on the ice out there. His playoff production speaks to a guy who piles it on when things are coming easily but struggles when things get tight.
I don't hate him as a player, but I think the Rangers were right to move on from him even if they probably should have gotten something bigger in return.

And you know the really weird part?

This is totally not the player he resembled when he was a teenager. It was almost like his strengths and weaknesses inverted.

I've watched Lord knows how many kids over the years, and Miller stands out for just how different the end product ended up --- while still managing to work out even better than expected somehow!

Last edited:

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I really hope something happens with Peters, but I wouldn't be suprised if the impact of this is minimal. He 100% should lose his job but I'm not convinced he will. I mean it's not entirely related but Vanbiesbrouck also said similar things and he has a job with USA Hockey.

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I really hope something happens with Peters, but I wouldn't be suprised if the impact of this is minimal. He 100% should lose his job but I'm not convinced he will. I mean it's not entirely related but Vanbiesbrouck also said similar things and he has a job with USA Hockey.

It was mystifying to me and seemed way out of character that Beezer spoke that way about Daley. He always struck me as level headed when he was an NHL player.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
On another note.....Mika is back.....watch out NHL! I expect him to do some damage 1st game back vs Carolina.......then will probably regress a big for a week.......then, watch his stuff! Here it coooooomes! Go Mika! Go Rangers!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Any chance Boston would be willing to trade Pastrnak to us?....lol

My lord Pasta is on a mission this year. And that mission just might be to be the first player to score 70+ goals since....Mogilny?

Another milestone Pasta could threaten is to score 50 in 50 as with tonight's hat trick, he has 23 in 24 thus far. Just a phenomenal year for him. Lucky me, I have him on both my $$ teams and he's just been a treat to watch.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Any chance Boston would be willing to trade Pastrnak to us?....lol

My lord Pasta is on a mission this year. And that mission just might be to be the first player to score 70+ goals since....Mogilny?

Another milestone Pasta could threaten is to score 50 in 50 as with tonight's hat trick, he has 23 in 24 thus far. Just a phenomenal year for him. Lucky me, I have him on both my $$ teams and he's just been a treat to watch.

Late 1st round pick such a steal at the time in my opinion. I love when fans complain about a late 1st round pick

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Late 1st round pick such a steal at the time in my opinion. I love when fans complain about a late 1st round pick

Absolutely...you are so right. I got Pasta...are you sitting down for this....15th overall!!. That's no missprint...middle of 2nd round. I took Vaselevsky middle of 1st. And I hope your still sitting down, I got Draisaitle middle of the 3rd round.

And no this is not a 4 team league...lol. This is a very competitive 12 teamer and it just so happened that both of them slipped thru the cracks and I was there to swoop them up.

Needless to say, I'm in 2nd place thus far but with a bullet...:)

Reactions: RangersFan1994

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Too many Ryans in the NHL.

Ryan Suter just scored a goal from Ryan Donato and Ryan Hartman.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
This wild roster is uninspiring to say the least. So much money tied into older players and the young guys might be some of their better players

Bill Guerin sure has his work cut out for him

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Is PK Subban done? Let me clarify. Is Subban done as a bonafide #1 pairing Dman

I'm just wondering if I'm on island here but I watch him now and he looks nothing like the dynamic player he was even 2 years ago. He used to be pretty fast on his skates. Now? it's like he's skating in mud. His decision making is terrible and he can't hit the side of a barn with his shot when he even has time to get one off.

I dunno man but the Debbies have to be seriously regretting that $9 mill or is it $27 million seeing he has 3 years left I thought, that they are on the hook for as he's playing as if he's not even worth 800 grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad