Around the NHL: Part XVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Is PK Subban done? Let me clarify. Is Subban done as a bonafide #1 pairing Dman

I'm just wondering if I'm on island here but I watch him now and he looks nothing like the dynamic player he was even 2 years ago. He used to be pretty fast on his skates. Now? it's like he's skating in mud. His decision making is terrible and he can't hit the side of a barn with his shot when he even has time to get one off.

I dunno man but the Debbies have to be seriously regretting that $9 mill or is it $27 million seeing he has 3 years left I thought, that they are on the hook for as he's playing as if he's not even worth 800 grand.
I think he is a #4 dman at this point in his career. Needs a dman to carry him.

Reactions: Maximus

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Is PK Subban done? Let me clarify. Is Subban done as a bonafide #1 pairing Dman

I'm just wondering if I'm on island here but I watch him now and he looks nothing like the dynamic player he was even 2 years ago. He used to be pretty fast on his skates. Now? it's like he's skating in mud. His decision making is terrible and he can't hit the side of a barn with his shot when he even has time to get one off.

I dunno man but the Debbies have to be seriously regretting that $9 mill or is it $27 million seeing he has 3 years left I thought, that they are on the hook for as he's playing as if he's not even worth 800 grand.

You're not alone and Poile is no idiot. He knows what's going on with his players. He essentially got out from the Weber deal by renting Subbam for his end of prime years and now dumped him in NJ for the remainder of it.

I think a lot of people saw Subban regressing and it's why he was dumped instead of part of a deal where they got equal value back

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
You're not alone and Poile is no idiot. He knows what's going on with his players. He essentially got out from the Weber deal by renting Subbam for his end of prime years and now dumped him in NJ for the remainder of it.

I think a lot of people saw Subban regressing and it's why he was dumped instead of part of a deal where they got equal value back

Yeah...good point, Poile is a brilliant GM...always has been and likely always will be. No coincidence the Preds are always in the mix out West to potentially make it to the Cup...this year is no exception.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Dougie Hamilton has 10 goals already

Are you suprised? He's finally got a team all for himself and a good damn team at that as once Faulk got dealt it's been Dougie all the time in every situation.

He always had the talent and it's truly coming to fruition this season. Was hoping Trouba would turn out like Dougie but that don't look like it will happen...sigh!...lol

Reactions: Bob Richards

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I just started listening to hockey podcasts... I know about Spittin Chiclets, and I just discovered the Cam & Strick podcast (Cam Jansen & Andy Strickland)... Which other hockey podcasts available on Youtube should I check out?

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
That's hilarious

Unfortunately our Boston shellacking wasn't much prettier and there may be a repeat of it soon

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
That's hilarious

Unfortunately our Boston shellacking wasn't much prettier and there may be a repeat of it soon
We have shown that we can hang when we are on our game.

Just don't know which team is going to show up.

The only thing I have learned about this team so far is to not expect anything.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Coyle has been average for the past 3 years. That seems like a lot.

and Kreider is all but gone. He could get a lot as a UFA

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad