Around the NHL (Part XIII): RIP Bob Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
they are not the same Player....

Same age, both great skating PMD with almost identical point outputs who play PP2 and the same defensive knocks. H'll they are even both college playing Minnesotans. One was #16 pick the other was #17. I don't know that there are 2 more identical players in the NHL.

Leddy +4 cfrel
Gardiner +5

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ken Campbell @THNKenCampbell: P.K. Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration and the Canadiens are seeking $5.25 million on a one-year deal.

I don't understand why Habs have been giving Subban so much trouble in contract talks. Subban signed bridge deal they wanted 2 years ago and won Norris and became face of franchise

Why the Habs continue to drag this on instead of giving him a longterm big $$$ deal I just don't understand

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
IMO, Gardiner has passed Leddy and Toronto is banking on him being a top 3 Dman. If Leddy wants 4mil, bye bye.

If Leddy can prove that he can be a top-4 dman with us I wouldn't be upset with a 4mil cap hit for him. 4mil is too much for a third pairing guy though.

Also, add me to the list of people that don't get what the Habs are doing at all, its like they want him to bolt at UFA. In fact I hope he does exactly that.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Habs almost seem intent to try to push him out the door. They already got bit by going for a bridge contract, watch Subban have just have another explosive year and have his asking price get driven even higher up.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Are they trying to make him walk or something? #1 defenseman don't grow on trees. Super talented, hard worker. Just pay the man already

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
re Subban - what a joke. I'm disgusted by their handling of him the past two contracts. That's no way to treat the guy who, outside Price arguably, is your most important player.

That's one thing I do appreciate about the Hawks - they seem to treat players very well, whether it's in contract negotiations, trades, etc.

I have to say Bergevin seems like a real ego maniac, tbh. I found the way he and Therrien tried to take credit for Subban's success, liked they'd 'tamed' him, to be very off putting.

The $8.5 m he's seeking is very reasonable.

Nothingman*

$5.25mm for Subban is a slap in the face. He is well worth the $8.5.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
In the current cap world, $8.5M for a player as good as Subban is a great deal. He could easily call for more than 9.

The Habs are really, really dumb.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If I'm Subban, I take a 1 year deal (or 2 if that's what it takes to get him to UFA) and go some place where I feel wanted and appreciated.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
It would be an epic fail on the Habs part, akin to losing Roy, if he ends up walking, or wanting out, because of their mishandling of him.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It would be an epic fail on the Habs part, akin to losing Roy, if he ends up walking, or wanting out, because of their mishandling of him.

Yup, just ask him what he wants and give it to him. They don't have many top end players. No brainer. I hope he walks and goes to the Leafs.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Soldier Field Stadium Series game on NHL Network right now, just FYI.

... oh God, just showed the crazy masked Roenick part....

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
So there was no pre-arbitration settlement. They're actually going through with the hearing...and insisting that Subban should get paid $5.25 m/year. How do you do that with your team's star player :shakehead

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Interesting to see they gave Carey Price a big payday and never asked him to "prove it" but are putting Subban thru all this nonsense when he is face of franchise and best player

I hope that PK walks in 2 years to Boston replacing Chara ,, Would be exactly what Habs management deserves

Nothingman*

Interesting to see they gave Carey Price a big payday and never asked him to "prove it" but are putting Subban thru all this nonsense when he is face of franchise and best player

I hope that PK walks in 2 years to Boston replacing Chara ,, Would be exactly what Habs management deserves

That is what I don't understand. Who in the Habs office does not like the guy?!

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Interesting comments from Subban..

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris · 4m
P.K. Subban says no deal was reached today. Arbitrator will decide his contract for next season. "We have to live with those decisions."

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris · 3m
Subban: "It's been an educational process for me."

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 30 s
Don Meehan tells Sportsnet that there are no plans to continue negotiating a long-term deal for Subban before the arbitrator's award

Hugh Burrill ‏@SNhughburrill 2 min
Habs GM Marc Bergevin while leaving Subban hearing:"I've nothing to say guys, so don't ask me."

Yeah the Habs ###### up ,,,, No doubt Subban is already thinking of summer of 2016 as UFA

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, I just don't think they would let him walk. He's on his way out for sure though. His trade value is going to be ****** though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad