Around the NHL (Part XIII): RIP Bob Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
9M+ for big-time stars is pretty much the new market. Toews and Kane got a little extra because they've done a heck of a lot more than Subban, but this kind of contract is going to become the norm.

Montreal could've had him for a lot less if it hadn't been stupid a few years ago, but at least he's locked up.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ben Bishop signs 2 yr / 5.95M AAV extension with Lightning

Another #1 in Crawford range

People who bash Crawford deal should start to realize that is going rate for #1's going forward

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Doesn't change perception. Crawford is now and forever overpaid and overrated according to most

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I said when the contract was signed that it might be an overpay for the first year or two, but with the cap and contracts going up it'd likely be about average compared to other starters sooner rather than later.

Turns out it's looking like sooner even earlier than I expected.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Apparently, I'm the hate map guy, so...

KIQI4sfl.jpg

E1sSlZHh.jpg

I think a family of a prospect that got cut by Ottawa lives in Cheyenne...

Last edited:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Not sure how closely some here follow the OHL and OHL draft and such, but if you follow hockey at all on Twitter I'm sure you've seen controversial agent Allan Walsh eating some crow today.

Back in early July during the OHL Import Draft, Walsh berated the Sarnia Sting franchise and their GM personally for drafting his client, Pavel Zacha, who was taken First Overall in the Import Draft by Sarnia.

His tweets were as follows:

"Sarnia was advised that Pavel Zacha has a professional contract in Czech Republic for 2 more years and has no interest in playing for them."

"Sarnia just wasted the #1 overall pick in the CHL Import Draft on a player who's not coming and has a professional contract. #RookieGM"

Tweeted out today by the Sarnia Sting:

"We are proud to announce that the hockey club has received an official commitment from Pavel Zacha to become a member of the Sarnia Sting."

Walsh's tweet in response today:

"Pavel Zacha has committed to the Sarnia Sting. Sarnia has done a great job presenting their exemplary program to Pavel and his family."

What a joke. He should issue a public apology to the entire Sting franchise and their GM, personally. If I had a kid who was being approached by advisors to represent him and Walsh attempted I'd tell him to take a hike before he could say two words.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Not sure how closely some here follow the OHL and OHL draft and such, but if you follow hockey at all on Twitter I'm sure you've seen controversial agent Allan Walsh eating some crow today.

Back in early July during the OHL Import Draft, Walsh berated the Sarnia Sting franchise and their GM personally for drafting his client, Pavel Zacha, who was taken First Overall in the Import Draft by Sarnia.

His tweets were as follows:

"Sarnia was advised that Pavel Zacha has a professional contract in Czech Republic for 2 more years and has no interest in playing for them."

"Sarnia just wasted the #1 overall pick in the CHL Import Draft on a player who's not coming and has a professional contract. #RookieGM"

Tweeted out today by the Sarnia Sting:

"We are proud to announce that the hockey club has received an official commitment from Pavel Zacha to become a member of the Sarnia Sting."

Walsh's tweet in response today:

"Pavel Zacha has committed to the Sarnia Sting. Sarnia has done a great job presenting their exemplary program to Pavel and his family."

What a joke. He should issue a public apology to the entire Sting franchise and their GM, personally. If I had a kid who was being approached by advisors to represent him and Walsh attempted I'd tell him to take a hike before he could say two words.

He's a clown. He tweets nothing but stupidity.

When he did those tweets after the Sting drafted Zacha, I assumed it was because they had a deal in place with another CHL team and he was pissed the Sting interfered with it.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
He's a clown. He tweets nothing but stupidity.

When he did those tweets after the Sting drafted Zacha, I assumed it was because they had a deal in place with another CHL team and he was pissed the Sting interfered with it.

I'm sure that had a little bit to do with it. Clown is right.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'd expect teenage kids to not know about about Tweeting things best left private, but not a good sign when one's agent doesn't know any better.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I'd expect teenage kids to not know about about Tweeting things best left private, but not a good sign when one's agent doesn't know any better.

He represents Havlat and was the one starting all that nonsense after he left the Hawks a few years ago about being lied to or mislead or whatever it was he was yammering on about publicly and stirring stuff up. Takes shots at the league and Bettman and stuff all the time where the CBA and contracts are concerned. Very pro-player, which he should be, but is obnoxious about it.

Aestivalis

Oct 29, 2013
With Kimmo Timonen suffering from a blood clot, does that open up an opportunity to trade Rozsival or Oduya to the Flyers? That might help our cap situation. Do you think Stan's on the phone to Ron Hextall right now?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
He represents Havlat and was the one starting all that nonsense after he left the Hawks a few years ago about being lied to or mislead or whatever it was he was yammering on about publicly and stirring stuff up. Takes shots at the league and Bettman and stuff all the time where the CBA and contracts are concerned. Very pro-player, which he should be, but is obnoxious about it.

Uh, yea, nm.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
In "Isles continue to spin their tires" news, sales talk for the team have seemingly stalled, as longtime presumptive frontrunner Andrew Barroway has apparently pulled out of consideration to purchase the team.

While it could mean that someone else stepped in and offered more than he was willing to ante and everyone's being hush-hush about it, that would be good news for the Islanders, and the universe clearly doesn't allow something like that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad