Around the NHL (Part XIII): RIP Bob Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
I dont have a problem with hockey players making endorsement money no matter how goofy the video is considering how much money other athletes in other sports make money off endorsements. Tiger, Jordan, star Soccer players. The amount can be staggering.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not threadworthy, but Patty's done a video for Gatorade. Lol, interestingly the video was put up as 'unlisted'

What the hell did I just watch?

Wasn't even funny, just stupid and had the production value of something from a HS student doing a group project... Or maybe that's the "joke."

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
What the hell did I just watch?

Wasn't even funny, just stupid and had the production value of something from a HS student going a group project... Or maybe that's the "joke."

Who knows Ray? This is what our generation and younger think comedy is. In a word, "epic"

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Is that what you watch the NHL on Ray?

Yeah, million times better than NHL's GameCenter Live, and I don't have cable anymore so Center Ice isn't an option. I also only have to pay for it the months that the NHL seasons is actually going on during, since I do the month to month plan, so it runs me about $17. On months I know I'll be busy or the Hawks have a ton of games nationally broadcasted, I won't even bother with it. Quality is also better than GCL, too.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not sure, never tried. I know you can stream it to your TV via an Xbox, Roku, or some other devices. They have a pretty handy checklist of what it can do vs GCL on their website you should check out. :)

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Reading Down Goes Brown's recent post on the teams lining up to land McDavid or Eichel, and I just realized what's actually going to happen.... Sabres finish dead last, Isles "win" the draft lottery, Buffalo then gets both McDavid and Eichel.

Book it.

actually have a funny feeling about Carolina being in there along with Buffalo, if I'm being honest.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Sad to hear.

And in Toronto news, Leiweke may be on his way out and the Leafs hired the guy behind ExtraSkater to head up their analytics department.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
David Pollak @PollakOnSharks · 7m
And McLellan confirms #SJSharks will have no captain or assistants when training camp starts.

David Pollak @PollakOnSharks · 6m
McLellan doesn't call it a "stripping" of the captaincy, says competition will be open and Thornton, like anyone else, a candidate.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
David Pollak @PollakOnSharks · 20m
McLellan says he had talked with Thornton about "clean slate" plan for #SJSharks captaincy; reached Thornton and he says otherwise.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
NHL expanding the draft lottery.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=728795

Tweak next year, and in 2016 the top three picks will be determined by the lottery.

Indifferent towards the change, but if the entire appeal is to supposedly reduce the appeal of tanking, I still think that capping the number of times that a team can pick in a certain range over a period of time would make more sense, be more effectively, and quite frankly be more fair for legitimately bad teams that need a boost in the form of a young gun addition to their roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad