Around the NHL (Part XIII): RIP Bob Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
With a healthy Datsyuk and Zetterberg, the Wings are a really good team. Even with Cleary IMO. Not celebrating anything. Holland has his moments but I think it's dumb to suggest he's not a good GM

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
They'll still have a few years of Western experience fueling them into a playoff spot in the mediocre East. :laugh:

They're like the anti-Oilers for me. I'll believe that they're not a playoff team the moment they're eliminated from reaching the playoffs, and not a moment sooner. They could need 19 points in their final ten games and this'd be my reaction:

lloyd.png

Minus the smile, of course.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
The latest from Paul Lukas, all NHL jerseys are better in white than color and all teams should wear white at home. This guy...he's just a big ****ing idiot and has proven it every time he starts making keystrokes.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The latest from Paul Lukas, all NHL jerseys are better in white than color and all teams should wear white at home. This guy...he's just a big ****ing idiot and has proven it every time he starts making keystrokes.

Seriously? Nice that he's so proud of his opinion and he disregards the vast majority of fans that prefer their team's color sweater over the white versions. [citation needed]

That being said, I do understand the logic of wanting your team to wear white at home as it increases the variety of what you'd see if you were a season sticker holder. As it is now, just red vs white every game, with the occasional mix up. If you wore white at home, it'd be white vs red or blue or green or yellow or black. That being said, prefer colors at home.

Personally, I think we should do the best of both worlds and do one of the following two:

1) Flip it midway through the season. Let's just stay that all of 2015 is colors at home, all of 2016 is whites at home, and repeat. So, for instance, 2nd half of the 2014-15 season, all of the 2015 playoffs, all of the 2015 preseason, and the first half of the 2015-16 season would be reds at home, and flip it for the next year. Everybody's a little bit happy.

Or...

2) Have colors be the primary jersey for home and away teams, with home teams only wearing white when the visiting team's colors/look are too similar. Boom, we get to see great combos of red vs blue or red vs black or red vs green, visiting teams only have to haul around one sweater on the road, and it wouldn't be that hard to have a plan in place to know what colors/patterns look too alike. Heck, it'd even promote teams that have third sweaters in different colors. Oh no, another red team's in town? Time to break out the black thirds.

Last edited:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
White jerseys suck. They're bland and awful and were essentially a product of black and white TV. It's time we get into the 21st century and start of phase them out a bit.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Eh, I wouldn't go that far, but I would have to sit down and think about white sweaters that I prefer more than their team's colors....

And I bored, so I will!

(Only looking at primary vs away, not thirds, from last season)

Carolina whites
Detroit whites
Minnesota whites

... That's it. So only 3/30 teams have whites that I'd personally rank as better than their homes.

That being said, there are still good white sweaters.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Holland extended 4 more years in Detroit

IMO it is time for a change but Wings ownership seems against it

Will be interesting to see if Babcock walks next summer

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I hope Babcock tests the open market out next summer.

Partially because it'd be the nail in the coffin for the Red Wings glory days, but also because it'd be fun to watch teams really campaign for him.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm hoping that he walks and then he walks to a place not called Toronto. Nothing against them, but I just love delicious schadenfreude when so many over there are already pumping their chances at getting him.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
I'm hoping that he walks and then he walks to a place not called Toronto. Nothing against them, but I just love delicious schadenfreude when so many over there are already pumping their chances at getting him.

This. I actually like the Maple Leasfs but it's just so hilarious to watch the fans lose it.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Beach in Austria now. If he plays good, he'll be in Germany 1 year later :laugh:

Detroit made a mistake. Holland hasn't done much since there is a Cap

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
For what it's worth, the decision on where the Winter Classic will be played is apparently still up in the air.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...ca-6f03cbd15c1a_story.html?wprss=rss_capitals

Sounds like Nationals Park is the frontrunner, though RFK Stadium is still an option and a floating idea is Camden Yards in Baltimore, but doesn't sound like that one has serious weight behind it (though I'd love to see it, as a kinda/sorta ex of mine is a Blues and an Orioles fan, and I know that'd ruffle her jimmies like none other if the Hawks played there :laugh:). FedEx Field a no go for timing reasons with the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad