Speculation: Armchair GM 2024-25 Season, Craig Conroy's Can Do Calgary Flames

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It makes me very happy to think at some point this year or next, we will probably have a Lomberg-Pospisil-Klapka 4th line at one point. Opposing teams will have nightmares about when that line hops the boards.

Can’t be playing on the fourth line when you’re hanging with Huby and Mantha on the ‘first’ 😉

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Wolf, Parekh, Brewski, Honzek, Coronato, Zary, Pospisil, Gridin, Basha, Solovyov, Kuznetsov all looked pretty good to me :dunno: some people just love to be pessimistic, what can you do?

I’ve had some pessimistic time on this board, but Calgary has bought a bunch of leeway with how they handled all their veterans last year on expiring contracts as well as the unfortunate events that happened this summer. No one is expecting them to be good this year or next, And I think we’re OK with that. The dome won’t be sold out for sure, but I don’t think you’re gonna be having much members of the media or the fan base calling for peoples heads.

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Aside from the obvious players who were fun to watch last year, it's easy to forget that right before Nashville started their insane run, the Flames were nipping at their heels and were really in the race. So that's more than half a season of watching with a chance of playoffs. It's not great, but again... perspective. There are teams who know they're out by the end of November for over half a decade consecutively, and we've never really been treated to that. It's easy to say "being in the bottom 3 would be fun" but until we experience that I'm not entirely sure how true that would be. I think a great deal of us would watch a whole lot less hockey, and that's like putting a hobby on pause for a year or several.

Our "awful" is just that we aren't a dominant team very often (it's been two whole seasons now) and haven't made the Conference Finals in two decades.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
2 completely contradictory statements.

????????? You have to be a troll, that or you are lying and didn't watch a single game last year. The only player that was unlikable was Kadri for the first 9 games of the season. The team didn't win a whole lot but there were absolutely a lot of things enjoyable about last season. Zary and Pospisil were very exciting, same with Wolf when he was called up. Add in Weegar scoring 20 goals, Coleman and Sharangovich each getting 30, and Kuzmenko coming in half way though and reigniting our powerplay. It's your own fault if you can't find enjoyment in the little things.

Sharangovich and Kuzmenko are crap. Pospil is a terrible player and a dirty coward, how is that likable? Weegar is good he is the bright spot I agree there. Zary is ok not really anything to get excited about.

Its because I am not a delusional fool and actually honest that I don't overrate garbage.

Ledge And Dairy

Sharangovich and Kuzmenko are crap. Pospil is a terrible player and a dirty coward, how is that likable? Weegar is good he is the bright spot I agree there. Zary is ok not really anything to get excited about.

Its because I am not a delusional fool and actually honest that I don't overrate garbage.
Thank you for answering that you are a troll. Go back to your Oilers thread

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad