Around the NHL (Part XIII): RIP Bob Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
What a steal.

For what it's worth, I also believe that this makes him a UFA in 2015, so could've been biting the bullet short term to get paid longterm.

Edit: scratch that, not a UFA next year. Just a bridge move to try to up his value, I suppose.

Last edited:

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Yeah, my concept of what's a steal still hasn't adjusted to a world where Dave Bolland and Brooks Orpik both make $5M for 5 years.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I read that Frolik discussed a 5 year contract with WPG, so maybe he doesn't mind it? Allan Walsh said they plan on talking Jan 1st for a long term contract.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Natives are getting restless with Cheveldayoff.

Calling out native people is a little uncalled for

happy-ba-dum-tss-l.jpg

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
I have said this before, but Chevy missed a big opportunity to make some moves at the deadline. He has held onto all the team's assets rather than welcoming change. He is a hesitant GM in a market that is not too desirable and requires shelling out more cash to obtain talent. I can see why people in the Peg are getting restless. All they did was get a bottom-six center who can play in the top-six in a pinch to counter the Hawks, Blues, Avs, and Wild. So brutal. All that team is, is the Thrashers in Canada. Bad team with fans who care.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
not a bad move. they have a lot of kids and some Euro players who Mueller will push for a spot...no risk high reward here. good for Mueller and Blues.

As a team that tries to incorporate grit and skill, Mueller only brings the latter, and he hasn't been in the NHL in awhile. While I agree it is a low risk, high reward deal, I simply think it won't work out too well.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Jake Gardiner 5 years 4.05 aav, sets the market for Nick Leddy. They are essentially the same player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad