Around the NHL (Part XIII): RIP Bob Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I guess Nonis wasn't at the press conference? Is that right? Had read that on Twitter. If so, very interesting. Obviously a Shanahan hire.

They fired Loisselle and Poulin, his assistants, today. Unless the Leafs do something special next year (and I mean a good "special", not their usual brand of "special") I think Nonis is out the door.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Wow. No national games for Tavares? I know it's the Islanders but JT is one of the NHL's stars. That's pretty crazy

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Wow. No national games for Tavares? I know it's the Islanders but JT is one of the NHL's stars. That's pretty crazy

Islanders and Devils have close to the worst ratings around so not surprising in that sense, but would have been nice for them to televise the final Nassau Coliseum game.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=88249481#post88249481

mj-laughing.gif

We can add to our list of "HFBoards 'Confounding Statements of the Day" this one from the polls board re Milan Lucic

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=88295483&postcount=7

Nothingman*

not to mention that the Wings still have some good Players that are fun to watch

They don't have a team or players that are worth watching 15 times. Especially in their half full stadium when at home.

And you cannot say that NBC knows all when they put Buffalo on 7 ****ing times. That is seven nights I for sure won't be tuning in. Not like they have good players or are fun to watch.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
They don't have a team or players that are worth watching 15 times. Especially in their half full stadium when at home.

And you cannot say that NBC knows all when they put Buffalo on 7 ****ing times. That is seven nights I for sure won't be tuning in. Not like they have good players or are fun to watch.

Right, we know those teams have huge fan bases but a national game should highlight the teams everyone wants to see.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto

You're missing the point...the programming is ratings driven. Whether Buffalo is a **** team or not, they will deliver the ratings NBC wants.

...it's like the way that on HNIC the Leafs were consistently featured as the national game every Saturday...because of the size of the audience they bring in...not because of the high quality of the team's play.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Id think Buffalo would nothing more than a tertiary market for the TV audience. If they get a draw in ratings, it wont be because of the Sabers. They're scheduled to play mostly big teams, Pittsburgh, Bruins, Kings, Blues, San Jose et al.. Luckily they're all on the sports channel NBCSN and not the main channel.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Id think Buffalo would nothing more than a tertiary market for the TV audience. If they get a draw in ratings, it wont be because of the Sabres. They're scheduled to play mostly big teams, Pittsburgh, Bruins, Kings, Blues, San Jose et al.. Luckily they're all on the sports channel NBCSN and not the main channel.

This is incorrect. When you look at the Stanley Cup playoffs, Buffalo always is up in the top 5 in ratings. That market just loves hockey a lot.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Buffalo/Upstate New York's a very strong TV market for the NHL. Even when the Sabres are bad, they pull in solid ratings and as a result you can always expect to see them as one of the more featured teams on national broadcasts.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
for all the ROR drama, surprised he only signed for 2 years at a decent cap hit...not sure what Colorado plans on doing with him by only signing him for 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad