Around the NHL (Part XIII): RIP Bob Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I'm sure JR had something to say about the Bolland contract as well.

he did

Jeremy Roenick @Jeremy_Roenick · 2h
It's not just one team! Dave Bolland making 5.5 million as a 3rd liner is crazy. I'm happy players r making big money but wow it's nuts

That's why every 10 yrs there is a work stoppage .This league is as healthy as ever and it should stay that way. It won't when w those deals

Jeremy Roenick @Jeremy_Roenick · 1h
Another example! Pouliot 5 teams in 5 yrs. 15 goals in 80 games. Half of those in the last 20 games.. 4 million?? Just sayin.

I'm done ranting. Happy players r getting paid. They r the show. Just hope spending doesn't lead to another unhealthy league.

Btw I'm not picking on the islanders. The need to win now and nice to see them active. Hope players return the effort. They deserve a winner

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Roenick loves the Grabo signing.

JR_zps4ab9654d.png

I love JR, no sugar coating or hiding his real feelings.

Just funny, because I remember JR collecting $5m from the Kings, scoring 22 pts, being way out of shape, and blaming the equipment guy for not sharpening his skates correctly.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
I'm glad he is speaking out against these contracts and he is absolutely right that contracts are already getting inflated.

They inflate at the same rate of increase of the salary cap, which is directly tied to revenues. This is sustainable inflation. Teams who pay middle end talent top end money end up regretting it. It's like they forget the compliance buyouts don't last forever.

The sad truth is you can't shortcut your way to success. If you are paying Bolland 5.5m because you are desperate to improve in some fashion, all you end up hurting is yourself.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
he did

It's not just one team! Dave Bolland making 5.5 million as a 3rd liner is crazy. I'm happy players r making big money but wow it's nuts

That's why every 10 yrs there is a work stoppage .This league is as healthy as ever and it should stay that way. It won't when w those deals

Another example! Pouliot 5 teams in 5 yrs. 15 goals in 80 games. Half of those in the last 20 games.. 4 million?? Just sayin.

I'm done ranting. Happy players r getting paid. They r the show. Just hope spending doesn't lead to another unhealthy league.

Btw I'm not picking on the islanders. The need to win now and nice to see them active. Hope players return the effort. They deserve a winner

Oh JR. :laugh:

Sir Psycho T

More Cowbell!
Oct 1, 2008
Redwood City, CA
They inflate at the same rate of increase of the salary cap, which is directly tied to revenues. This is sustainable inflation. Teams who pay middle end talent top end money end up regretting it. It's like they forget the compliance buyouts don't last forever.

The sad truth is you can't shortcut your way to success. If you are paying Bolland 5.5m because you are desperate to improve in some fashion, all you end up hurting is yourself.

Plus you have to take into account that these players are signing for teams not contending and well below the cap.

For teams like the Islanders, Panthers, etc. the only way to get any FA to come is to overpay him.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Wait, I thought the dudes in red on horses (Mounties?) were the police in Canada?

You're thinking of the RCMP. They're a national police force. Their role is broad and hard to explain briefly...but they are more similar to the FBI than a municipal police department.

And they're usually not on horses.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
One of the NHL's great enigma's has hung em up. Alex Kovalev retires and leaves behind an impressive NHL resume but left you always wanting more. If he had the work ethic/desire to match his talent he would have been one of the alltime greats

1,316 games
430 goals
599 assists
1,029 pts

Playoffs
123 games
45 goals
55 assists
100 pts

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
When i first started learning to play hockey a year or so ago this was one of the coolest tutorials i've ever seen

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
One of the most purely talented players to play the game. Stupid skill.

Yup. In the video I posted what jumps out at me the most is what he does with one hand on his stick backhanded. If you can make those moves that quickly/accurately on your forehand with two hands you likely are playing competitively past your teenage years. Unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad