Around the NHL (Part XIII): RIP Bob Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Funny how Miller and Schneider joining 6M goalie club are steals or good value but Crawford somehow is terrible

Post of the year contender.

Not knocking Schneider, but he's at most been a 1A goalie for a single season in the NHL. In Vancouver, he was a 1B or a backup prior to last year, and the past two years he's split way too much time with two non-playoff/early exit teams. Nothing he's done suggests he deserves anywhere near what Crawford or Miller or any other proven goalie has earned.

All we know is that he's looked good and has shown promise, but the annals of the NHL are full of goalies that have shown more promise over longer periods than Schneider only to go on and accomplish nothing longterm. For all we know, he'll be completely out of gas come playoff time if he makes sixty starts in the regular season.

Maybe he becomes a steal, but he ain't anything near that at this point.

Last edited:

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I would take Schneider as well. I see him as much more talented and I think he would be a stud behind this team.

Crawford has gotten the job done before though, so he definitely has that going for him.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Crawford has been good against the Nucks, was bad against the Yotes, won a Cup with a CS worthy Performance and just was the reason we made it past the Blues and Wild

Schneider has done what exactly?

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Crawford has been good against the Nucks, was bad against the Yotes, won a Cup with a CS worthy Performance and just was the reason we made it past the Blues and Wild

Schneider has done what exactly?

He's... well, he's looked kinda good for a few 20 game stretches during his career, man. C'mon. Dat talent.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Schneider has the potential to be better than Crawford if he can do it for 60+ games consistently. Until he does that, I will take Crawford. But I do agree with others, that Schneider definitely has more talent, it's not really debatable.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Until Schneider proves it, it's Crawford. Until Schneider does it over 60+ games and in the POs. Until then I take the proven over the potential. So far Schneider never was in the position he is going to be from now on

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
All we know is that he's looked good and has shown promise, but the annals of the NHL are full of goalies that have shown more promise over longer periods than Schneider only to go on and accomplish nothing longterm. For all we know, he'll be completely out of gas come playoff time if he makes sixty starts in the regular season.

Maybe he becomes a steal, but he ain't anything near that at this point.

Like who? Who has shown more promise over a longer period of time and accomplished nothing long term.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Until Schneider proves it, it's Crawford. Until Schneider does it over 60+ games and in the POs. Until then I take the proven over the potential. So far Schneider never was in the position he is going to be from now on

Crawford has never played 60 games in a season...and in fact Crawford's best numbers (the ones Hawks fans like to point out as proof he's truly 'elite') were put up during a season where he played 30 games. This season - and the 11/12 season - where he was starter a full year, his regular season and playoff numbers were decidedly more pedestrian (and in the case of 11/12 pretty bad).

...and your comment about the playoffs is dumb. Schneider isn't likely to see the playoffs any time soon given how bad his team is. That doesn't say anything about how good he is as a goalie.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
but it says that Crawford has proven it already... Schneider hasn't. I don't care why but I can see that Crawford has won us PO series and he won a Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad