Around the NHL (Part XIII): RIP Bob Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
yep, meant Scott and the Sharks. Sorry should have made it more clear.

I think having Scott around the team as #23 Roster player isn't the worst thing. With all those talk about their bad atmosphere right now. I don't mind this for them

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Matias Strozyk ‏@MaStrozyk
Teuvo Teräväinen & Janne Niinimaa beat Teemu Selänne & Jere Lehtinen in the semis of an annual invitational tennis tournament, lost final.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Adrian Dater ‏@adater 15m
Unlike last time his contract was up, Ryan O'Reilly does not get offer sheet. Deadline has now passed

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Best wishes to him.

And, in much lighter news, might St. Louis finally be getting good home and away sweaters?

http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2014/7/7/classic-look-coming-to-st-louis-blues-this-fall

I'm all for any move that eliminates either of the following:

1) Piping (good job, St. Louis, now you do it too, Colorado), and
2) Bland no-logos (good job Anaheim and Dallas).

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
JoshuaCooper @JoshuaCooper · 3h
Per the #preds, Mike Fisher sustained a ruptured Achilles tendon. Out 4-6 months

maybe that vinny trade goes through after all

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Host: Evander do you want to play for the Winnipeg Jets anymore?

Kane: Well, I think I'm a Winnipeg Jet right now, and, you know, there's been speculation and rumors the three years since I got there. So, you know, we'll see what happens and we'll carry on as if I'm a Winnipeg Jet.

Host: There’s not a yes in there, and some Jets fans might say, why doesn’t he want to play for us? Or why isn’t he absolutely fully on board for playing for us?... you’re shaking your finger at me.

Kane: I’m training hard and getting ready for this season, and last summer I didn’t have a full year of training due to some surgery I had, so I found it really important for me to start training early and get myself in the best shape possible for this season. So that’s my focus."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/Evander-Kane-fuels-trade-rumours-266298211.html

Maybe making mountains out of molehills, but couldn't turn down the opportunity to update the topic title.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Can you blame him? Winnipeg is by far the biggest ****hole of all the nhl cities - even more than Edmonton or Buffalo - honestly, there's nothing good to say about the place. It doesn't seem like ownership is making any effort to ice a winning team. And The media is always *****ing at him.

Surprised he didn't demand out long ago.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Eh, hard to blame Winnipeg's management. They were a bad team before they moved to Winnipeg and they moved to a ridiculously stacked division. Can't fault any free agent for not wanting to go there.

Granted, they did have two years in the weak Southeast and did nothing with it.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Chevy is a passive GM in a stacked division where he has to overpay players to stay or jump on board.

He missed a golden chance at the TD to really help that club's future.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Can you blame him? Winnipeg is by far the biggest ****hole of all the nhl cities - even more than Edmonton or Buffalo - honestly, there's nothing good to say about the place. It doesn't seem like ownership is making any effort to ice a winning team. And The media is always *****ing at him.

Surprised he didn't demand out long ago.

He just signed a 6 year deal. Sorry if signing a big money long term deal and wanting out immediately isn't working as planned. It's a mess. They should just keep him the rest of the deal.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
He just signed a 6 year deal. Sorry if signing a big money long term deal and wanting out immediately isn't working as planned. It's a mess. They should just keep him the rest of the deal.

...well, it's not going to work out for the 'peg if he's wanting out.

You're right that it's a mess, though.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports: Penguins center Sidney Crosby will have arthroscopic surgery on his right wrist after therapy failed to correct the problem, according to a source. Crosby could not be reached for comment.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Really?

Schneider has yet to play more then 45 games in a year

Funny how Miller and Schneider joining 6M goalie club are steals or good value but Crawford somehow is terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad