Around the NHL - (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Draisaitl is their Perry and McDavid is their Getzlaf. First is paud more than the other albeit the secodn is better. Both incredible players

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
i think im in the minority here, but i don’t care how good you are; you can’t be making 12+ mil and have a Stanley cup caliber roster. Mcdavid and Drai are incredible players but the oilers won’t have much of a team around those two.

Reactions: Kalv
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
i think im in the minority here, but i don’t care how good you are; you can’t be making 12+ mil and have a Stanley cup caliber roster. Mcdavid and Drai are incredible players but the oilers won’t have much of a team around those two.
But they damn near won just a couple months ago. A bounce here or there...

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
I agree.

Leon has never struck me as a player that puts his fitness first. But I don’t know that for sure.

There are some players that make conditioning a priority and they are able to be productive well into their 30’s. Probably not $14m productive, but there is not fall off a cliff at 33/34.

Will be interesting in a few years.

John
Agreed on the finesse but he's always been a player that pushes through pain, which might extend his value for a bit before dropping it harder.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
I think its a good deal for Oilers. If they end up winning the cup over the next few years then they wont care what he is paid and when Draisaitl and McDavid drop off they are going to be forced into a rebuild so the money wont really matter at that point.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
I think that was their only chance. Gonna be downhill for them going forward.
There isn't a whole lot in the west that I think can give them much of a fight in a 7 game series.

Stars lost Pavs and Tanev who were two pretty big reasons as to why they made the WCF. Avs keep losing pieces and still didn't address their goaltending. VGK doesn't look like anything special. Canucks lost Elias Lindholm and Zadorov and didn't really replace them with much. Maybe an off the board team like the Preds could get it going but I think the Oilers would be fine vs them in a 7 game series.

Reactions: Doothpick and Kalv

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
If and when we ever make playoffs the oilers are going to kick us around in the first round for at least a few years at minimum I think

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad