Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Avs are still largely a 1 line team with middling D. When faced against club with better defense/structure I see them struggling. I expect Vegas to prevail over them fairly easily (in 5?).
I'm still not a huge believer in Vegas. They seem very all or nothing.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Hintz is buzzing. Damn Dallas must me happy for him. mid 2nd round pick.

If Preds doesn't improve their game Rinne can't win this game. Dallas is so much faster team.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
lol, Subban is bad. I mean he has done terrible job at transition game. Weak player. I've count 2 terrible/bonehead passes at d-zone.

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017
Dallas is gonna be a tough draw too with that defense. If we make it to the 2nd round and face Dallas I see a lot of 2-1 , 1-0 games in the series.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
It’s very possible, bordering likely, that after round one:
1 & 2 in the Atlantic will have been eliminated
1 & 2 in the Pacific will have been eliminated
1 & 2 in the Central will have been eliminated
1 in Metro will have been eliminated

That’ll likely never happen again in any sport with this format.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010

And all but the Avs in the West haven't won a cup. :)

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

Can you imagine if Carolina advances, potentially making that the 1&2 seeds gone in each division in the 1st round?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Dallas is a bigger threat to the Blues than Nashville is, for sure. Stars are getting contribution from young guys and not having to rely on Seguin, Benn & Radulov...even though that line is as dangerous as they come. That would be a battle, but I'd think the Blues 3rd and 4th lines would be the difference, if the top-6's can play to a draw.. That's easier said than done though. As MacKinnon and Rantanen have shown, a powerful top-line can carry a team through the playoffs.

Reactions: shmotz

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Neither Dallas or Nashville scare me. But I probably prefer Nashville, for two reasons:

1.) This is the big one: The Predators still have not scored a power play goal in these playoffs. They also had the worst power play in the league the entire season.

2.) This is more of a minor one, but I can see the Blues "getting up" for the Predators more since they're a bigger rival. This shouldn't matter in the playoffs, but ya never know. Although to be fair, one more series with Dallas could create a pretty good rivalry there too.

Either way, both teams are less physical than Winnipeg, which is nice.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Long as they go 7, bring on whoever comes out of that. I hate both of those teams.

Reactions: OSA

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Dallas D is good and severely underrated, Bishop can steal games for them and Benn is a Blues Killer. Then you have Seguin who can pick his spots and Zuccarello who is a good player. You are foolish if you want to play them over the Preds just because of home ice. Home ice doesnt mean a thing as this series showed.

Preds are garbage this year, root for the Preds to win. Then we also get to have Lindsey Vonn facetime intermission updates on NBC which I am looking forward to also.

Reactions: Stealth JD

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I'm not caught up on who we play next, Nashville and Dallas both have their strengths. If the Blues play to our strengths, I think we can take either one. I do hope their series goes 7 games with a triple OT game 7 so we can maximize our rest before the next series starts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad