Player Discussion VIDEO: Swayman/Sweeney Following Contract Extension

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Just watched the press conference. People really had a problem with that? Jeeze, man, fans are brutal. He said all the right stuff, came across just fine. He's happy to be here and wants to win a Cup.
The anti-Swayman stuff is shocking, even for this place. All the extensions this team has done, one of them is acrimonious and the character assassinators come out. Both sides knew each number would start with an 8 from the start I am imagining regardless of starting points.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It was Gaudreau not Huberdeau but you nailed it otherwise! Was always a Bruins team fan, not a player fan , although I always liked Swagman since the draft. Sweeney should have held firm on the 8 million as long as Swaymen was signed before the start of the season, if not the AAV drops to 7 million and if not signed by Dev 1 he can sit for the year and pick his preferred trade destination for next year. The only Bruin I was disappointed that was traded was ORR and was even more disappointed when I found out he was offered more from the Bs. I am sure, from this point on that the Bruins will avoid players with this agent like the plague!
Orr wasn't traded.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Gordoff

Orr wasn't traded.

Screenshot_20240930-174448-909.png

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guess myyyyyy name....."

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Why do you throw a hissy fit over Neely 64 M v Frank Cirelli $62.8 M

:biglaugh:
I think there's a world of difference in a fan sweating the details of a contract when the team still has cap space and the president of the club lying in a press conference yet again, but hey, that's just me?

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
We shall never forget the epic move Neely pulled that got this done, and the people who thought it was anything but that.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
We shall never forget the epic move Neely pulled that got this done, and the people who thought it was anything but that.
If that's what you see then certainly it is what some players and agents who will negotiate with us saw as well. Maybe it got this contract done and maybe it saved 250k per year.

I think it will hurt us in the future. I also think it was Neely’s emotions getting the most of him rather then this master manipulation.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
No, he signed as a free agent IIRC. No trade, no compensation.
Concealed from him by Eagleson was an offer of becoming a part owner of the Bruins.
He lands in Chicago with Eagleson saying to the media how badly the Bruins were treating Bobby (sound familiar?)
Bobby doesn't cash any of the cheques given to him as he felt his play was subpar and he wasn't living up to expectations (sounds quite unfamiliar these days)

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I think there's a world of difference in a fan sweating the details of a contract when the team still has cap space and the president of the club lying in a press conference yet again, but hey, that's just me?
Like you never rounded up :biglaugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Kegs

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
He lied in a press conference like a baby and embarrassed himself and the organization by saying they offered something they didn’t. I don’t know why more people don’t find this to be unprofessional and problematic.
Did anyone ask/prove that this wasn't true? Or are we going by the agents good word?

Honest question

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Weren't they at 7.5 before his offer he threw out then? I thought it was bush league. Amazing this agent got under their skin so much, but I know they haven't been through this type negotiation before.

Last edited:
Reactions: EverettMike

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Once swayman steals a few games no one will be mad. Winning is all that matters in pro sports.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
I’ve come to the conclusion after watching the amazon thing that he’s not douchy, he’s just really weird.

The combination of goalie weird and alaskan weird (no offense to any alaskans in here) make it seem like someone who thinks they need say and act a certain way that just comes off as a little off putting.
Here in Alaska we have a saying, “the odds are good but the goods are odd”, no offense taken. 👍

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad