Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I think I’d kind of prefer to play Nashville but Dallas knocking them out would be pretty sweet given all the fawning over the “inevitable” Preds-Jets rematch we heard about all summer and season.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I think picking preferred opponents is something of a fools errand. Nobody wanted jets bc they were supposed to be best team. Some folks, including me, didn’t want Dallas even though they are lesser team. Results across the league suggest nobody really knows. I am still most nervous about Dallas but I think the best we can hope for us our potential opponents beat each other up and wear each other ou so we can prevail.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’m rooting for the Preds tonight just to prolong the series, but my daughter loves the Stars. She’s teenaged, developmentally impaired, but she loves to go to hockey games and asks me how the Stars are doing whenever I talk about the Blues. So she would squeal and be happy if I told her they won. I could live with that.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Canes have no chance. They have a great defense, they just don’t have the stars up front. Very similar to the Blues in that regard. Don’t have anything on that Ovi/Mackinnon/Rantenen/Benn/Seguin/Kuznetsov/Backstrom level. Depth is important, and you can’t have a one line team, but if your top line is full of 60-70 point guys and you’re facing a line of 80-90 point guys, it’s a problem. The only team to win in the salary cap era without a top ten player was the Bruins, but that was Tim Thomas going into freak mode. Otherwise Cup champs have those guys(Ovi, Sid/Malkin, Kane, Kopitar etc.) We just don’t have anyone like that. Vladi can elevate his game to that level occasionally, ROR is great, but nobody is consistently great like those top players. To have any chance Binnington has to be fantastic and guys like Schwartz, Schenn, Perron need to bring our secondary scoring. If they go cold we’re done because our top line can’t carry us like other top lines can.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I’m rooting for the Preds tonight just to prolong the series, but my daughter loves the Stars. She’s teenaged, developmentally impaired, but she loves to go to hockey games and asks me how the Stars are doing whenever I talk about the Blues. So she would squeal and be happy if I told her they won. I could live with that.
Welp, I originally didn’t care who the Blues played in the next round, but now I want the Stars.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I’m jealous the Stars-Preds series got Cuthbert calling the play. I think he’s great.

Reactions: OSA

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I don't know what would be more exciting to see: all four #1 seeds lose in the opening round, or the possibility (likelihood?) that the Atlantic & Pacific both may be without representation in the Conference finals.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I don't know what would be more exciting to see: all four #1 seeds lose in the opening round, or the possibility (likelihood?) that the Atlantic & Pacific both may be without representation in the Conference finals.
colorado will destroy ref jose but vegas is a good team, would not expect colorado to beat them over 7.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
The Stars and Preds game is getting extremely physical.

giphy.gif

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

GO Stars!!!!!!

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I like him a lot too.

Damn, Caps still are going back to their usual ways in the playoffs.
they never got away from it.

look how much of a choker team the bolts are, the pens are old and washed up and they beat expansion team for the cup. last year was a fluke.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
they never got away from it.

look how much of a choker team the bolts are, the pens are old and washed up and they beat expansion team for the cup. last year was a fluke.
It is a shame we didn’t see Winnipeg face the Caps last year. Would have been a much, much better series.

Reactions: TheDizee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad