OT: Around the NHL - Cat Scratch Fever

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
So which goalie is gonna get it slipped past their 5 hole?
IMG_6518.gif

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Let's review; the Devils lost a first round pick, and received a fine for "circumventing the cap" with their initial Ilya Kovalchuk contract.

The Coyotes were docked a first round pick for "hosting unauthorized workouts" with potential draft picks.

The Blackhawks were fined for "covering up the sexual abuse of a player." No picks forfeited. The pick, if the NHL was consistent (LMAO) should have been their 2023 1st.

That fine, mind you, was quickly recovered by the season tickets they sold when they won the draft lottery with the draft pick they should never have been allowed to keep and drafted Bedard.

Lesson here? Covering up sexual assault is not nearly as egregious to the NHL as trying to circumvent the cap, or having your own workouts. I guess if the Coyotes had committed sexual assault during those workouts, they could have escaped any discipline.

As much as I love hockey, and the NHL, they just keep testing that love.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
f*** the Oilers entire org. Hope they never sniff the playoffs ever again.

Can’t say I’m at all surprised though. That org is full of unlikeable human garbage.

Wonder how long before Knob is out and Q is in??
I suppose that depends on what level - if any - of involvement McDavid had in the hiring, as well as how they actually perform out of the gate. If they avoid last year's slump, the question probably doesn't arise. Knob did get them to the Final, after all, and Knob is, for all intents and purposes, very specifically McDavid's guy.

If they do, there's no reason to think Q isn't top of the replacement list, complete with the lip service to ~growth~.

Let's review; the Devils lost a first round pick, and received a fine for "circumventing the cap" with their initial Ilya Kovalchuk contract.

The Coyotes were docked a first round pick for "hosting unauthorized workouts" with potential draft picks.

The Blackhawks were fined for "covering up the sexual abuse of a player." No picks forfeited. The pick, if the NHL was consistent (LMAO) should have been their 2023 1st.

That fine, mind you, was quickly recovered by the season tickets they sold when they won the draft lottery with the draft pick they should never have been allowed to keep and drafted Bedard.

Lesson here? Covering up sexual assault is not nearly as egregious to the NHL as trying to circumvent the cap, or having your own workouts. I guess if the Coyotes had committed sexual assault during those workouts, they could have escaped any discipline.

As much as I love hockey, and the NHL, they just keep testing that love.
I feel this in my mitochondria.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
People wondered why I hate the Oil org lol.

They are incompetent idiots who do not deserve their star player.

The top player in the game and in addition another top 3-5 depending on the year player in the game and this is what they've done. All this after shamelessly tanking for years and collecting an absolute bonanza of top picks. How can someone who isn't an Oilers fan feel anything but contempt for that organization?

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I wonder if McDavid was consulted at all on the Bowman hire (e.g. "you cool with this?"). You'd think not, but I mean, the dude clearly had strong influence on both the CEO and the current coach, so I mean, it's not totally out of the question...
Ceo came out and stated he didn't consult any players on the team, especially not Mcdavid and Draisaitl. And I mean you really think those two idiots would say anything?

Hockey culture has a shit reputation right now. The junior players accused of gang rape and no lot the team Canada one either. A different case. Shayne Corson's son guilty of sexual assault, yeah shit culture.

The way the VGK even danced around drafting Connelly and the way the Habs went and took Mailloux anyway. Blokes stated well no team should want to hire etc etc well these are morons running these teams. Boston literally ignored the biggest story the year Miller was drafted and signed him anyway and acted dumb when no one forgot and called them on it and Bergeron and others voiced their displeasure about it so they pretended to be all shocked and that they'd do better.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Like, yeah, Bowman did his training. But he helped cover up sexual abuse. And the said abuser then went on to abuse more people.

Bowman shouldn't be allowed to make millions of dollars in the NHL anymore.

And he gets dropped right into a top echelon position, too. Right off the cut.

If he's even to be allowed back in the league he should have to do something demeaning for a few years. Like clean toilets or be on Mike Sullivan's coaching staff.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Like, yeah, Bowman did his training. But he helped cover up sexual abuse. And the said abuser then went on to abuse more people.

Bowman shouldn't be allowed to make millions of dollars in the NHL anymore.
Watch the video by Westhead with the mother of the 16yr old Aldrich raped. Aldrich got into that position of power because the Hawks didn't report him to the authorities. They didn't want a stain on their cup victory so they let him go and gave him a letter stating his employment which can be used as a reference. A very good reference that wouldn't raise concerns by another employer.

It's hilarious that the league stripped picks from the Devils and Yotes for far less. Hawks got away with one of the worst things associated with the NHL with a fine they recouped after drafting Bedard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad