OT: Around the NHL - Cat Scratch Fever

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Id let someone knock me out of it meant I never had to work a 9-5 again

Shit, i might even take the post concussion syndrome

Is it really worse than the stress and anxiety and having to talk to that one coworker?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Id let someone knock me out of it meant I never had to work a 9-5 again

Shit, i might even take the post concussion syndrome

Is it really worse than the stress and anxiety and having to talk to that one coworker?
I got a co worker that spend half her shift in the bathroom while everyone else has to work extra to cover for her. When she does work she takes 10 minutes to do a 1 minute sweep job, or 2 hours to do a 30 minute job.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
They should show it as a cap hit. Cause it exists. But it needs to be denoted as not in effect to nov

COL would be insane to run over cap in hopes they can clear player(s) later. Other GMs would hammer them in trades. They have to operate $6mil under cap to be smart.
They have been fine offensively without Lando and that cap hit helps them. Issue is do you keep Lando and his busted knees or hope Nuke is over his issues.

Otherwise they need to lose Miles of Wood and Manson.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The intellectual dishonesty on this site when it comes to any sort of Crosby discussions is pathetic. You literally can't actually bring up context without the idiotic, mouth breather haters just spouting on about "excuses" or "lol pace, pace, pace" or "haha so wut ur saying is Koonitz and Doopis were ECHL players before they played with Corsby!".

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The intellectual dishonesty on this site when it comes to any sort of Crosby discussions is pathetic. You literally can't actually bring up context without the idiotic, mouth breather haters just spouting on about "excuses" or "lol pace, pace, pace" or "haha so wut ur saying is Koonitz and Doopis were ECHL players before they played with Corsby!".

Don't even need to know what post you are referring to, it's that guy with the Pronger avatar isn't it?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Don't even need to know what post you are referring to, it's that guy with the Pronger avatar isn't it?
He's the biggest offender, but browse any main board posts about Crosby and there's like a collection of the same 5 or 6 people who are constantly tearing down Crosby and being condescending jackasses about any "excuses" that are mentioned in Crosby's favor.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
He's the biggest offender, but browse any main board posts about Crosby and there's like a collection of the same 5 or 6 people who are constantly tearing down Crosby and being condescending jackasses about any "excuses" that are mentioned in Crosby's favor.

It's very weird. I don't think I've ever seen such an elite hockey player hated so unanimously during his prime.

I've drifted towards the narrative that McDavid is the better individual contributor, but this idea that Crosby did nothing to help his team win 3 championships is certainly a weird one.

I don't think it's a coincidence that most of these fans when you press turn out to be fans of teams like the Capitals and Flyers that Crosby dismantled or the Hawks who obviously are in that conversation of "best team of the era".

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's very weird. I don't think I've ever seen such an elite hockey player hated so unanimously during his prime.

I've drifted towards the narrative that McDavid is the better individual contributor, but this idea that Crosby did nothing to help his team win 3 championships is certainly a weird one.

I don't think it's a coincidence that most of these fans when you press turn out to be fans of teams like the Capitals and Flyers that Crosby dismantled or the Hawks who obviously are in that conversation of "best team of the era".
I don't even care if people think McDavid is better. I just can't stand it when these idiots automatically shut down any talk of context when bringing up Crosby.

Saying Crosby would likely have a handful more trophies if not for injuries or saying that having a guy like Draisaitl for a linemate versus Kunitz/Guerin/Dupuis/Sheary will likely help a player's raw totals isn't "making excuses".

It's just weird. People don't even want to discuss topics any more. Any "counter point" is simply dismissed as "making excuses".

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I don't even care if people think McDavid is better. I just can't stand it when these idiots automatically shut down any talk of context when bringing up Crosby.

Saying Crosby would likely have a handful more trophies if not for injuries or saying that having a guy like Draisaitl for a linemate versus Kunitz/Guerin/Dupuis/Sheary will likely help a player's raw totals isn't "making excuses".

It's just weird. People don't even want to discuss topics any more. Any "counter point" is simply dismissed as "making excuses".

Same thing has happened with the majority of these boards.

HFPens has diluted into if you don't agree with Dubas' direction you are wrong because the era is over or whatever.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I don't think it's a coincidence that most of these fans when you press turn out to be fans of teams like the Capitals.
Such as yourself?

HFPens has diluted into if you don't agree with Dubas' direction you are wrong because the era is over or whatever.
Not whatever, it is over. But as a capitals fan you can't seem to accept it for some peculiar reason.

Worry about your team, not the Pens.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Such as yourself?

Not whatever, it is over. But as a capitals fan you can't seem to accept it for some peculiar reason.

Worry about your team, not the Pens.

1721344239557.jpeg

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
To Gen Z: you’re going to be the generation that actually saves our country. You want to be a rebel? Try calling yourself a conservative. Say you want to get married, have kids, and teach them to pledge allegiance to your country.

What is this reference

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I despise the blokes that act like Kunitz was a nothing until Crosby. Lol he was a first line LW that was a solid 50+ producer and had a cup under his belt. Dupuis was more or less a change of scenery type. When Sid was hurt, Dupuis produced well without him. For Dupers it was confidence.

I feel like Malkin did more for his wingers having their games elevated than Crosby ever did for his wingers. Even Guentzel's best production was with Geno.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad