Around the NHL 2024 - Offseason Moves

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Don't care, not giving up good anything for him
The gift of capspace is about as giving as id be personally but with our large dead cap pool i dont think we could have it work. But i dont see alot of expensive extensions coming this offseason so it could possibly work.

11.8 million in dead cap next season is pretty bad

Reactions: Kat Predator

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Wonder if we couldve gotten in on that action
Probably not right now as the Flyers had time to hunt for the type of return they wanted before Gauthier could leave college and potentially hit the FA market.

Drysdale is under 22, on his ELC, and proven capable of full time NHL play ... we don't have that defenseman in our cupboard right now. That's before trying to figure out if Gauthier would fit in the culture Trotz wants to build considering why the Flyers are trading his signing rights.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
This Gauthier kid sounds like a true loser.
Honestly I could see not wanting to play for the Flyers. That team hasn't been relevant since 2010 with Lavy and now they have Tortorella. Not to mention that team has long been a graveyard for player careers.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Honestly I could see not wanting to play for the Flyers. That team hasn't been relevant since 2010 with Lavy and now they have Tortorella. Not to mention that team has long been a graveyard for player careers.
You've got it backwards. Tortorella may divide opinions but he gets the most out of his teams. Philly is back in the playoff picture mostly because of Torts on a roster that should be near the bottom.

Also, hasn't Anaheim been one of the worst teams in the league for almost a decade now?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
You've got it backwards. Tortorella may divide opinions but he gets the most out of his teams. Philly is back in the playoff picture mostly because of Torts on a roster that should be near the bottom.

Also, hasn't Anaheim been one of the worst teams in the league for almost a decade now?
There is still a negative opinion of him among players.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

Anaheim's core fell off a cliff hard.
Getzlaf, Perry, Rakell, Gibson, etc. 17-18 was the last good season their core had and theyve battled it since. So this is their 6th consecutive season of suckage.

Huge production dips from their big names 17-18 to 18-19. Leading to the retirement of Getzlaf and not having a replacement 1C. Gibson struggling infront of whatever you call that defensive group which is now headlined by Fowler, Gudas, and some young players. Dont know if they couldve seen these issues coming with perry, getzlaf, rakell, silf, etc with respect to injuries and on ice product falling off a cliff. Theyre a couple years from turning it around still though unless they trade futures for current talent. Theyve got a solid prospect pool to do it though

should they chose to

Edit: to add some additional perspective. If josi, ror, and forsberg suddenly fall off a cliff next season due to injury issues finally catching up where does this team land for the next 5 seasons?

Last edited:

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Rumors are floating around that Zegras may be on the block, that he’s not really a Vrbeek kind of player. If there is any smoke on that rumor, is he a player that the Preds should be interested in pursuing?

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Rumors are floating around that Zegras may be on the block, that he’s not really a Vrbeek kind of player. If there is any smoke on that rumor, is he a player that the Preds should be interested in pursuing?
Don't know that we have the assets. Anaheim would want a Zegras-like forward in return, which is something we don't exactly have any spares of...or any at all for that matter.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Would love Zegras and I think any player/pick we have would be on the table for him, but we wouldn't have the pieces to make an offer that matches what they want. Best chance would be a three-teamer with someone else getting Askarov/Saros and providing the forward centerpiece we'd need.

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
I think Trotz is going to be more confrontational than Poile . After the teams performance of late does he say nobody's job is safe in locker room, and what does that look like ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad