Around the NHL 2024 - Offseason Moves

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The really curious thing is that Edmonton, with virtually the same lineup last season, was very good. They won 45 games in regulation, which was second only to Boston, and the Bruins had a historic regular season.

(Maybe Poile traded the accoutrements from the country club along with Ekholm?)
Yeah but with about 20 games to go they were flirting with missing the playoffs. We were withing striking distance of them until then. That weird late 18 out of 21 run skewed how last season looked for them.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
He and Johansen? With the looks of the two teams it would seem that way.

Josi is still clearly an issue but O'Reilly seems to have over come that his work ethic and has Forsberg playing at 100%.
Ekholm isn't a country clubber. But just like otherwise good goalies who go there and get dragged down, Ekholm with the rest of that defense is gonna look worse than he did here.

I mean, you drop a bar of Godiva into a pot of shit, it's not gonna make the shit taste like chocolate, it's gonna make the chocolate taste like shit

hockey diva

Lady Healer of Rohan
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Fascinating, Chitago loses Hall for the season due to his knee, now Perry is out for “team reasons”. Sounds like they are making sure they tank. :thumbd:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Fascinating, Chitago loses Hall for the season due to his knee, now Perry is out for “team reasons”. Sounds like they are making sure they tank. :thumbd:
I mean lets be honest here, I'm fully expecting Chicago to pull the #1 again this year because the NHL wants that franchise at the top again so just like last year they will make sure it happens.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I mean lets be honest here, I'm fully expecting Chicago to pull the #1 again this year because the NHL wants that franchise at the top again so just like last year they will make sure it happens.
Sad but true. San Jose really needs/deserves it more. But like last year, Chicago is the more prime market. Despite already having had their turn at Cup glory. :rolleyes:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Sad but true. San Jose really needs/deserves it more. But like last year, Chicago is the more prime market. Despite already having had their turn at Cup glory. :rolleyes:
Yep. San Jose will get hosed and everyone will tell us that its all above board and just worked that way.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't do it with Detroit when they were starting.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Are the Wild really this bad or are they just going through something?
I think its more they are playing to the reality of where they should have been the last year or two and don't have guys like Hartman putting up 80pts in a season out of the blue and freaking Freddie G putting up 19g and nearly 40 pts. Young guys apparently aren't playing that well either.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Best part is the Wild come to Nashville Thursday night. I'm pretty sure he's still living in Nashville so an extra night in his bed I guess.

Granted he hasn't had great rosters but it is amazing that Hynes has managed to find another job despite never finishing better than a wild card spot. Just really seems like he would benefit from going on the assistant coaching rehabilitation tour.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Ok so Evanson never made any sense, but hiring Hynes makes absolutely zero sense. He has done nothing to be given a 3rd chance. I mean we have guys that have gone back to being assistants for 10 years before getting another chance, how does he keep suckering guys into this.

Almost makes me feel bad for Wild fans, almost.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Hynes is going to Minnesota.
I feel bad for them. Actually, they have done very well relative to their roster strength IMO under Evason. It couldn't last. 3 seasons in a row I felt they were putting up pts waaaay above their talent level. But a coach can't usually just keep on dragging a team to over-achieve indefinitely. That usually has a very limited shelf life.

They sure aren't going to get that with Hynes. I'm surprised he gave up his golfing for that "opportunity".

Reactions: Scoresberg

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I feel bad for them. Actually, they have done very well relative to their roster strength IMO under Evason. It couldn't last. 3 seasons in a row I felt they were putting up pts waaaay above their talent level. But a coach can't usually just keep on dragging a team to over-achieve indefinitely. That usually has a very limited shelf life.

They sure aren't going to get that with Hynes. I'm surprised he gave up his golfing for that "opportunity".
Apparently Guerin is in that same circle that got Poile to hire him, so its another buddy hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad