Around the NHL 2022-2023 *Mod warning in effect pg145

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
If this is True...

I am seriously pissed off with limp dick Doug.

They tried and couldn't make the money work because Krug used his NTC. I mean they could put Krug on waivers but that is no guarantee that he gets picked up

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
They tried and couldn't make the money work because Krug used his NTC. I mean they could put Krug on waivers but that is no guarantee that he gets picked up

Flyers could have taken him, so he would be picked up without question. Ontop of that we could move Scandella to Philly, there's lots of moves that could be made to get us a f***ing free #1 LD. Granted I know he's not a franchise #1 D but he sure as f*** would be our #1 LD easily.

Reactions: LogosBlue

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
MathsBlackboard-768x311.jpg

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Flyers could have taken him, so he would be picked up without question. Ontop of that we could move Scandella to Philly, there's lots of moves that could be made to get us a f***ing free #1 LD. Granted I know he's not a franchise #1 D but he sure as f*** would be our #1 LD easily.

Sanheim is not what we need, and is barely any improvement on what we have already.

To get a real 1st pairing LD will cost a big chunk of our assets. Definitely not the right time to make that type of move.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Yeah, I’m not sure 8 years of Sanheim is what we need at this point.

Exactly.

He is someone with very limited offensive capabilities, and isn't exactly a defensive stalwart either. I have no idea why some people consider him an acceptable #1 LD, he simply is not. He may be a passable 2nd pairing D, on a good day, but definitely nothing more.

And his contract is just :barf :yashin:, for what he actually brings.

Reactions: Mike Liut

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
okay maybe not. after taking yamo in order to get kostin, wings bought out yamo and non-tendered kostin. yikes. folks think yzerman is a good gm why exactly?
They're still going to sign Kostin. They just didn't give him a QO so he can't file for arbitration.

EDIT:Though it would be an all time hilarious moment if he signed somewhere else and the Wings were just stuck with Yamamoto’s buyout hit.

Last edited:

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010

klim got his $2m for yzerman, a little pricey for what he brings, but everyone seems to be adding grit this FA season

Reactions: eibyyz

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Yzerman got him signed today. Still. Overpaying Kostin as UFA doesn’t really answer my question.
I guess the buy-out was the cost of getting that exclusive negotiation window with Kostin. The risk of him turning down a legit offer was pretty low, for a guy who is at risk of nit having a job at all. It’s not brilliant and it’s not stupid.

I think the bigger criticism is going to be whether Kostin is able to justify his salary by having a regular effective role on that team.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
It would not shock me to see Klim have a Barbashev-like breakout in the second year of that deal and get big time paid on the next contract.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Welp I can no longer root for ROR. That’s a shame.

Also don’t really understand the contract for either party.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
What’s this rate limit exceeded crap on Twitter? They are limiting your refreshes now?

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Most I would’ve wanted to give ROR is 3x4 and that was probably pure nostalgia. His performance was a big red flag, both here and in TOR.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Most I would’ve wanted to give ROR is 3x4 and that was probably pure nostalgia. His performance was a big red flag, both here and in TOR.

I didn’t want him back at all. He looks old and slow and disinterested in the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad