Around the NHL 2022-2023 *Mod warning in effect pg145

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
If he can play like this year that’s an ok deal. Good for Barby, he’s earned it.

Interesting

Predators should be moving Saros, if anyone. He's already thirty-one, and Askarov is not only much younger, but he's very highly regarded and fits their rebuild more than Saros does.

But since they're in our division, I hope they deal Askarov to an Eastern Conference team.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Surprised he didn't get something more along the lines of Hyman's 7yr x 5.5mil AAV(with a flat cap to boot). But still a great deal for Barby.
i think he left money on table but that is great fit for him there. was smart to sign with place where he knows it works than take more on bad team and become anchor that gets passed around.

Reactions: Brian39 and eibyyz

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
i think he left money on table but that is great fit for him there. was smart to sign with place where he knows it works than take more on bad team and become anchor that gets passed around.
I like the deal for Barby. $25M was a good, reasonable target for him given his play over the last 2 years. I think he could have gotten more if he was willing to just go to the highest bidder in UFA and I wouldn't have been at all surprised if he had gone that route since he now has his name on the Cup twice. But I think $25M is a great number to stay in a great situation.

I do think he could have (and should have) gotten better trade protection on a $5M x 5 year deal. An 8 team no-trade list for years 1-3 and a 5 team no-trade list for years 4+5 isn't all that great. At that price point coming off his playoff run, I would have thought he'd have been able to get robust protection in years 1-3 and somewhat better protection in the last couple years.

I'll be surprised if he finishes this contract in Vegas and his limited protection is going to open the door to him playing a couple years in a place he doesn't want to be.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad