Around the NHL 2022-2023 *Mod warning in effect pg145

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis

Wonder if this will end up like JJ Watt in the NFL years ago. Houston fans HATED that pick, openly booed it at the draft. He quickly came in and dominated and now he’s basically a god there (not saying DR will reach that level but just comparing the draft experiences). Although if what was said in those tweets are true, that’s even worse for sure.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Wonder if this will end up like JJ Watt in the NFL years ago. Houston fans HATED that pick, openly booed it at the draft. He quickly came in and dominated and now he’s basically a god there (not saying DR will reach that level but just comparing the draft experiences). Although if what was said in those tweets are true, that’s even worse for sure.
if someone acts that poorly over sports, which is just entertainment, they need serious mental help and should be banned from following any athletics until they fix whatever is wrong in their lives

to someone who is a kid still makes it even worse

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
You know, if Montreal is so concerned about him, I know another French sounding city that would welcome him.

Might as well fully jump on the European bandwagon.

While I'm thinking about it, the Blues have quite the multicultural pool going on. An Austrian would near solidify the Blues "It's a Small World" prospect pool.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
If you could sign him at $3.5M a year, I would have rather added him as the 3C for 2-3 years than Hayes.
except he hasn’t really played center in years. and I get sense that he isn’t near as good in room as Hayes.

You know, if Montreal is so concerned about him, I know another French sounding city that would welcome him.

While I'm thinking about it, the Blues have quite the multicultural pool going on. An Austrian would near solidify the Blues "It's a Small World" prospect pool.
We could send them French Canadian prospect in exchange too!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Donovan McNabb too. Philly fans booed relentlessly when he was drafted over Ricky Williams.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

Trade them Bolduc for Reinbacher

Reactions: ArenaRat

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I can’t speak for other texans fans, but as a houstonian who had watched watt play in college I was thrilled. My brother went to Wisconsin and I remember telling him that I was impressed with their defensive line that season always getting great penetration and making plays. He told me it wasn’t whole line, it was just JJ watt. After that when I watched badgers I realized he was right. So I was super excited when we drafted him.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
In all seriousness, I’d give them Gaudet, Bolduc, and one of next years 2nds for him without hesitation.

I've been against trading Bolduc but to land Reinbacher I could get behind that. I doubt they would go for it though. IMO even if Reinbacher was only a #2 he would really be coming into his own when we needed to replace Parayko and or Faulk. So the timing would be good.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Maybe he didn't congratulate David Poile for a great career? :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, I’d give them Gaudet, Bolduc, and one of next years 2nds for him without hesitation.
I would be behind that trade 100%! I don't know if Montreal would go for it though

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
I can’t speak for other texans fans, but as a houstonian who had watched watt play in college I was thrilled. My brother went to Wisconsin and I remember telling him that I was impressed with their defensive line that season always getting great penetration and making plays. He told me it wasn’t whole line, it was just JJ watt. After that when I watched badgers I realized he was right. So I was super excited when we drafted him.
Football is a weird sport where everyone wants their team to draft "skill" players, but other than quarterback the "skill" players are less impactful than boring stuff like linemen.

Watt also won defensive player of the year three times. If Reinbacher wins three Norris trophies, Montreal will come around quickly... I doubt that happens, but hopefully this stupidity won't even be a footnote in his career either way.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
that nashville buyout is crazy. but duchenne is like kyrou and a person i want nowhere near a successful winning team.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Nashville is currently paying almost 9M dollars to players who won't be playing for them next year. That's over 10% of the current (and likely future) salary cap.

I shit on Army for the AP/Krug thing, but our balance sheet is a thing of beauty compared to the rest of the league.

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
Max Comtois and Sam Steel not offered a contract and will be UFA. Do you think both of these guys are going to be named in the investigation regarding the Canadian World Jr's scandal? Both looked like solid can't miss prospects and for some reason haven't broken out yet.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Max Comtois and Sam Steel not offered a contract and will be UFA. Do you think both of these guys are going to be named in the investigation regarding the Canadian World Jr's scandal? Both looked like solid can't miss prospects and for some reason haven't broken out yet.
i don't want to speculate on that (and i think mcleod who wasn't tendered by nj is on that list too), but neither are very good. its a timely a reminder that 1st round picks ain't guaranteed. heck, bokk got non-tendered too so we aren't immune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad