Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
View attachment 885660

Mark Scheifele has 717 points and he’s 31 years old Can he catch Shane Doan?

1st is probably out of reach for him now.
7 seasons left in his Jets career unless DuBois has played for very other team in the league by 2030 and we decide to give him another shot and trade Caribou Legs for him.😆
Scheifele should be able to muster 50 points a season average which puts him in the conversation for first.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Like it or lump it the Oilers are playing just plain good hockey up and down the line up. Their bottom 6 were amazing last night.
Big lump it for me,hate the Oilers but there is no denying what a great season they have had especially with how bad the start of the season was for them .

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
IMG_2454.jpeg

Canada still dominates from players standpoint

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
yeah Panthers don't have momentum now....

BUT it can't get any better than this.
Hoping its not a blow out on either side.

Close game back and forth...... Late game goal , BETTER YET O.T. goal by EVANDER KANE ;)

Evan Bouchard is my pick to score the winning goal.
Seems like the Oilers are better without Kane...it's been remarkable to watch this team bounce back. I mean Calvin Pickard had to win a game against the Canucks because Skinner was awful...Darnell Nurse really struggled until Broberg stepped up. Holloway has stepped up. The Oilers checking line...Connor Brown wasn't even on the ice to start the playoffs.

Mc David and Draisaitl seem to recognize that this is their chance, maybe the only one they'll get.

I thought Florida's physicality would wear the Oilers down, but I think Edmonton's speed is wearing the Panthers down. And those Edmonton crowds have been amazing.. how can you not get some momentum from them.

Other than Barkov the Panthers don't have a lot of bite right now.

I think hockey this late in the season is dumb because the ice becomes a negative factor, and it will be interesting to see how it affects game 7....but this is a Stanley Cup final to remember.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Seems like the Oilers are better without Kane...it's been remarkable to watch this team bounce back. I mean Calvin Pickard had to win a game against the Canucks because Skinner was awful...Darnell Nurse really struggled until Broberg stepped up. Holloway has stepped up. The Oilers checking line...Connor Brown wasn't even on the ice to start the playoffs.

Mc David and Draisaitl seem to recognize that this is their chance, maybe the only one they'll get.

I thought Florida's physicality would wear the Oilers down, but I think Edmonton's speed is wearing the Panthers down. And those Edmonton crowds have been amazing.. how can you not get some momentum from them.

I think hockey this late in the season is dumb because the ice becomes a negative factor, and it will be interesting to see how it affects game 7....but this is a Stanley Cup final to remember.

It really is a Stanley cup final for the ages even if those dreaded Oilers win they will have fully deserved it so good on em.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I honestly don't think Florida intimidates Edmonton all that much.

McDavid is a superstar but he has a solid frame and isn't easily pushed around. Neither is Drai. The Oilers have plenty of guys on their team capable of biting back. The Panthers haven't really taken a chunk out of Edmonton like many thought they would. It's been a tit for tat series.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

Willing to get the ice will be absolutely shit for game 7. Take the speed away from the oilers.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Bobrovsky needs to show up in game 7. I dont think he will need to steal the game like he did in game 1. But break 0.900 ffs and give your team a chance.

I'm not sure the Panthers had 10 shots by the time it was 3-0. They've been badly outplayed 4 of the 6 games so far this series, it's not like they'd have won by now if not for Bob.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I’m pretty at peace with this final. Obviously I want the Oilers to lose, but even if they win the memes will be immaculate now.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Only reasons I want the Oilers to win is we can end this no Canadian team nonsense and get that collective monkey of every Canadian teams back. And McDavid cements his legacy and perhaps leaves Edmonton at some point.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Only reasons I want the Oilers to win is we can end this no Canadian team nonsense and get that collective monkey of every Canadian teams back. And McDavid cements his legacy and perhaps leaves Edmonton at some point.
He’s leaving Edmonton. HF Leafs has been telling me for years that all signs are pointing towards him signing in Toronto when he hits UFA.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I wonder how much (if any) fatigue is a factor. Florida played 21 games last spring and is at 23 already this year. Over the past 2 seasons, that's a whole extra 1/2 season. When cup finals run until the end of June, the guys only have a couple of months to get back to baseline before the next season

I read somewhere that it's not uncommon for an NHL player to lose 15LBS of body mass over the course of a season. That's not all fat, either. There's lean body mass there too

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
am I the only Jets fan here that wants the Oilers to win :) :naughty:

Game 7 Stanley cup is great.

I can imagine all the hockey kids, dreaming about it its them....

I started skating late, 11 years old, was skating with 6 years old kids back way back then In Tyndall Park Ice rink before. Billy Mosienko rink.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I'm not sure the Panthers had 10 shots by the time it was 3-0. They've been badly outplayed 4 of the 6 games so far this series, it's not like they'd have won by now if not for Bob.
Bobrovsky stole game 1. The Panthers earned the win in Game 2. Bob didn't have to steal Game 3, he was solid and gave the Panthers the chance to win which they did. Games 4, 5 and 6 he was off his game and frankly bad.

G4 0.688 sv%
G5 0.826 sv%
G6 0.842 sv%

That's what I am referring to. He needs to give his team a chance to win in G7. Posting low to mid 800 sv% does not give your team much of a chance to win. Certainly not against a high scoring rush offense team like the Oil.

Bob needs to be in the 9's for the Panthers to have a chance. Doesn't guarantee a win but at least puts them in the game.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Bobrovsky stole game 1. The Panthers earned the win in Game 2. Bob didn't have to steal Game 3, he was solid and gave the Panthers the chance to win which they did. Games 4, 5 and 6 he was off his game and frankly bad.

G4 0.688 sv%
G5 0.826 sv%
G6 0.842 sv%

That's what I am referring to. He needs to give his team a chance to win in G7. Posting low to mid 800 sv% does not give your team much of a chance to win. Certainly not against a high scoring rush offense team like the Oil.

Bob needs to be in the 9's for the Panthers to have a chance. Doesn't guarantee a win but at least puts them in the game.

It's the same argument we have here weekly. Does Hellebuyck have to be better or is the team in front of him so bad that only a goalie playing at a God like level is going to win the game.

If the only way the Panthers win the cup is by Bob playing at his Game 1 level then do they really deserve to win?

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It's the same argument we have here weekly. Does Hellebuyck have to be better or is the team in front of him so bad that only a goalie playing at a God like level is going to win the game.

If the only way the Panthers win the cup is by Bob playing at his Game 1 level then do they really deserve to win?

Yeah honestly Bob was playing legit lights out hockey for 3 games. Making insane saves. Its crazy that the expectation is that from a goalie these days. These kids can put a puck through a pin hole. Look at some of these goals the Oilers have been getting. Absolute laser beams or stretching Bob out so far it looks like his pelvis bone is going to come loose.

Only so much a goalie can do. You expect them not to let in soft shots and stop the easy ones. But if your expectation is for them is to be super human than you aren't going to be happy the vast majority of the time.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad