The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Not sure using a goalie to prove your point is really a great example though, how many starting spots were even available this year? Half a dozen maybe? Then you have to find the team that is willing to trade assets for a possible 1yr rental, that has the cap.
Just the most recent example. Not the best example.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
We don't even know if Buffalo was on their NTC

This echo chamber of everyone has Buffalo on their NTC is getting ridiculous. If you can't sell a player on playing for you what are you doing managing a team? Of course you can't sell everyone but I find it hard to believe Adams tried all these players and they just said no.
Yes GM's should be able to sell some players on their teams, you aren't going to be able to do that with all players and that's also assuming the other team allows you to speak with them at all.

The fact is Buffalo is still seen as a basement team, but that's not the only issue. Rough winters and High NYS taxes are also working against them. Teams like the Rangers can attract players despite the high taxes because it's NYC, but even then the Rangers often end up overpaying some players to get them there. If you're Hertl with a full NMC who are you choosing? Buffalo or Vegas? That's not a difficult decision.

We know Adams was in on Chychrun, and there were rumors of Pesce as well but Pesce would not waive for Buffalo. Players have killed trades to Edmonton in the same manner, and that's a team with the best player in the world.

My point is, losing out on 1 or 2 players you wanted doesn't mean the Gm is failing, there are many variables and it's still early, there could be a big fish landed that we may not expect.

Reactions: Dingo44 and HOOats

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Yes GM's should be able to sell some players on their teams, you aren't going to be able to do that with all players and that's also assuming the other team allows you to speak with them at all.

The fact is Buffalo is still seen as a basement team, but that's not the only issue. Rough winters and High NYS taxes are also working against them. Teams like the Rangers can attract players despite the high taxes because it's NYC, but even then the Rangers often end up overpaying some players to get them there. If you're Hertl with a full NMC who are you choosing? Buffalo or Vegas? That's not a difficult decision.

We know Adams was in on Chychrun, and there were rumors of Pesce as well but Pesce would not waive for Buffalo. Players have killed trades to Edmonton in the same manner, and that's a team with the best player in the world.

My point is, losing out on 1 or 2 players you wanted doesn't mean the Gm is failing, there are many variables and it's still early, there could be a big fish landed that we may not expect.
THIRTEEN YEARS.

WORST ORGANIZATION IN HOCKEY HISTORY.

LEAST RESPECTED ORGANIZATION IN HOCKEY HISTORY.

LEAST RESPECTED OWNER IN HOCKEY HISTORY PEOPLE WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH.

There's your reasons. I mean do you think people want to go to Pittsburgh because they love sandwiches with fries?

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
THIRTEEN YEARS.

There's your reasons. I mean do you think people want to go to Pittsburgh because they love sandwiches with fries?
I mean people do love sandwiches with fries.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
THIRTEEN YEARS.

I NEVER SAID THAT WASN'T THE CASE, I SIMPLY SAID THERE ARE ADDITIONAL FACTORS.

EVEN IF THE TEAM WAS GOOD YOU STILL CONTEND WITH BAD WINTERS AND HIGH TAXES.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If you’re going to trade for Rutger and promise him a spot on the NHL roster to get him to sign….you better just trade Savoie and Kulich. Because they’re both better prospects and it’s a total slap in their face. Hey Jiri…go learn everything there is about every aspect of hockey. Thanks for leading a pro hockey team in goals twice as a teenager…smell ya never. Rutger..please come play on our third line even though we’ve never had a conversation with you let alone had you at dev camp. Sorry Matt…can’t have another rookie when we need to win. And this spot was handed to a guy we didn’t like as much as you.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
If you’re going to trade for Rutger and promise him a spot on the NHL roster to get him to sign….you better just trade Savoie and Kulich. Because they’re both better prospects and it’s a total slap in their face. Hey Jiri…go learn everything there is about every aspect of hockey. Thanks for leading a pro hockey team in goals twice as a teenager…smell ya never. Rutger..please come play on our third line even though we’ve never had a conversation with you let alone had you at dev camp. Sorry Matt…can’t have another rookie when we need to win. And this spot was handed to a guy we didn’t like as much as you.
Simply give them all spots

Reactions: toddkaz

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
How about people earn their spots?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Taxes are not a factor
The issue is good team or not
They make the playoffs given the youth, things change.

Chychrun didn't have control. Pesce did. Bad comparisons
People say KA is doing nothing when either....
1. Player blocks
2. The team out of respect to the player asks them evrn if they dont have control.
3. They ask an outrageous price
All this NTC/NMC yapping. what percentage of NHL skaters have these? It's not that high. There are no excuses for the state of our roster, or for not making it better this summer.
7+ yr vets do..and the ones you might want to acquire
He can play on 4th line or sit in the pressbox

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Thanks for the info!

My first thought was definitely “younger, faster version of Jeff Skinner”. Glad to hear that’s not accurate.

Why do you think Carolina isn’t interested in giving him the bigger role he wants and/or paying him?
1. Jarvis came in and plays the way Rod wants players to play. Strong 2 way and going to the dirty areas.

2. Canes whiffed badly on replacing Trocheck at 2c. Also made a mistake signing Bunting who was lost in the Canes system. That left Necas as the odd man out.

Necas wants to be traded more than Carolina wants to trade him

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
From interview it seems sabres Will not to much this summer .

C line of Thompson cozens krebs . Some 4 th line and depth and One top 6 forward-9 ?

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Adams is just too patient up until this point, you can already tell his patience is waning. He will make a move, he might overpay, I don't think we care if it gets us a good player.
From interview it seems sabres Will not to much this summer .

C line of Thompson cozens krebs . Some 4 th line and depth and One top 6 forward-9 ?
KA has made it very clear this offseason is a shift from first 3 he will do a lot, and we will probably look back and rage about the trade acquisition cost all summer. I would bet money Krebs isn't the 3C.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Adams is just too patient up until this point, you can already tell his patience is waning. He will make a move, he might overpay, I don't think we care if it gets us a good player.

KA has made it very clear this offseason is a shift from first 3 he will do a lot, and we will probably look back and rage about the trade acquisition cost all summer. I would bet money Krebs isn't the 3C.
I'll bet Savoie is 3C

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I'll bet Savoie is 3C
My bet was 3W. They won't trust a rookie at 3C, but he can definitely earn it over time. I had VO spot as Savoie. Maybe Kulich but I really think Savoie can impact the game more with his dynamic speed and skill. This team needs more play drivers. The third line disappears for 30 games every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad