Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Just chatting with my son about the finals and we're saying how hard it is to win the cup. Edmonton has the best player on the planet and another in the top 10 in Drai and they won't be able to pull it off

It’s such a team game. Oilers were close this season they just ran into a hot goalie and a team that is a bit more big series, battle hardened.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Yeah this is probably the weakest argument to follow a Canadian team post season.

f*** each and every one of the Canadian teams not named the Jets.
...and F*** Vegas for good measure...:sarcasm:

Maybe we need someone whose first name is Lee?

hlhkznj0unflngyap7dm.jpg

:sarcasm:
Yes, one of our honoured members of the HFJets Hall of Fame...

Legends.jpg

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
It’s such a team game. Oilers were close this season they just ran into a hot goalie and a team that is a bit more big series, battle hardened.
Oilers had the easiest road to the final ... they got LA first round. If Brock Boeser doesn't get blood clots Oilers probably lose to the Canucks.
Against the Stars the bounces went their way ... not so much against the Panthers. Having the best PP in NHL history helped too. Now that your PP can't score you can't win is not a sign of a championship team. Also the Oilers are over the salary cap and the team will penalized next season for cheating.
And yes I hate the Oilers but I'm just pointing out the facts.

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
There could be a problem in the dressing room but it isn't the biggest problem with the team. They are just not hard enough to play against. Florida never stops hitting you or getting in your face, the Jets don't have enough of those types of players.

I thought the Oilers did but even they don't have enough to go 7 games with the Panthers. I still don't know how they got by Dallas.

Dallas v Florida should have been the final. Probably would have gone 6.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Really looking forward to tonight’s game. Would love to see Maurice win the cup. He was much maligned around here but IMO at least he is a far better coach then many gave him credit for.
Guess you don’t last this long if you aren’t

I fully expect the Oilers to win tonight despite there D and goaltending.
And Drysaddle pulling an Ehlers against the Panthers

Reactions: SUX2BU

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Disclaimer: I have met a few individual fans of other teams that I really like and would be happy for……………but

Team Canada, hell yes if we ever play another best on best.

NHL teams based in Canadian cities I feel zero connection to. In fact its the opposite, they are our competitors and we are all chasing the same trophy. I blame HFBoards for getting to know 90% of fan bases too well, but sorry, if not Winnipeg I don’t want most of the other fans celebrating in our face (to be clear I am sure we are just as obnoxious to them).

If I wasn’t on HFBoards I might feel differently but I have never really felt any type of connection to “Canada” when it comes to the NHL. It’s a club competition.

The one exception is Ottawa. Not sure why but maybe it’s that they feel like underdogs like us wedged there between two original six giants. I wouldn’t be celebrating but I would not care.

My 2 cents

I feel similarly including with respect to Ottawa

I’d cheer them on

Reactions: ps241

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
edmonton finally converting

Right?

Hot take:
Honestly wouldnt be surprised if this went the distance.

Conversion on chances is way below expected for EDM. And Bob's numbers are inflated to a point where it's unsustainable.

As the sample size increases, i expect the conversion % to go up.

Honestly think this could go 6...
Maybe even 7

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
A CLASSIC Maurice CHOKE JOB!!! Blowing a 3 - 0 Stanley Cup Final Will be such a Maurice thing to do.

Mark my words, if there’s anyone that fails that brutally, it’s Paul Maurice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad