OT: Sens Lounge -The four seasons edition

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What is actually very good is Perth Brewery's "Play" non-alcoholic beer. I think for me it is a bit of a game changer. I am starting to feel more effects of alcohol and they reaffirm that this stuff while delicious, isn't really good for you at all. I think moderation is fine but in general I think I am starting to get the message
I'll have to try it,

In all honesty, I more often than not only have a single beer, so not enough to really get much if any impact from an intoxication aspect, but I'm still paying all that sin tax. I've never been big on non-alcoholic beer because i've never had one that is as delicious as the real deal.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
What is actually very good is Perth Brewery's "Play" non-alcoholic beer. I think for me it is a bit of a game changer. I am starting to feel more effects of alcohol and they reaffirm that this stuff while delicious, isn't really good for you at all. I think moderation is fine but in general I think I am starting to get the message
The Guinness 0.0 is a super solid option too. Tastes basically the same as the original
ETA @Micklebot, forgot to also quote your post

Reactions: Micklebot

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The Guinness 0.0 is a super solid option too. Tastes basically the same as the original
ETA @Micklebot, forgot to also quote your post
From people who know more about me about non-alcoholic beer, I am told the secret is leaving at least .1% or .5%, as it changes the flavour and the realness of the beer...just passing that along! I had a couple 0.0% and they were shit. This Perth one at 0.1% tastes like beer

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
From people who know more about me about non-alcoholic beer, I am told the secret is leaving at least .1% or .5%, as it changes the flavour and the realness of the beer...just passing that along! I had a couple 0.0% and they were shit. This Perth one at 0.1% tastes like beer

I've heard the same, which is why I was surprised about the Guinness 0%. I'm a big Guinness guy myself and could barely tell the difference.

I'll have to check out the Perth one though. I've had a few from that brewery that were very solid, Last Duel being my favourite.

Reactions: coladin

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I've heard the same, which is why I was surprised about the Guinness 0%. I'm a big Guinness guy myself and could barely tell the difference.

I'll have to check out the Perth one though. I've had a few from that brewery that were very solid, Last Duel being my favourite.
I'll have to check that out as I do really enjoy Guinness.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I'll have to check that out as I do really enjoy Guinness.
Not a Guinness guy but I liked the blond one ok. I just can't get past the texture and I can't seem to get it cold enough for me to get refreshed by it. Flavour is ok, but the stouts has that caramelly, foamy feel to them. If stuck will drink it! Also feels like it may have 500 calories

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Netscape Navigator? I'm still using Mosaic, and get off my lawn!
Nabu Network over here.

1719020919075.png

Ottawa was once cutting edge when it came to the internet.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I'll have to try it,

In all honesty, I more often than not only have a single beer, so not enough to really get much if any impact from an intoxication aspect, but I'm still paying all that sin tax. I've never been big on non-alcoholic beer because i've never had one that is as delicious as the real deal.
The Grolsch (? Sp) non alcoholic version is pretty similar to it's alcoholic version. I've had a few good ones when I was pregnant, but honestly I can't remember what they were

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think you'd get a more accurate gauge if you asked something like:

Have you used a typewritter?
Have you used a rotary phone?
Have you used a standalone fax machine? (probably some lawyers and doctors would answer yes to this one at a higher than expected rate)
Have you used a pager?
Have you used a non smart cell phone?
Did you ever own a CRT tv? Was it black and white?
Name the slowest baud modem you've ever used? 110, 300,1200, 2400, 5600 14.4, 28.8 ect,
Yes to all of the above….. except any type of mobile phone… never owned one, no plans to anytime soon

Typing class, in high school, was where all the girls were….

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I think you'd get a more accurate gauge if you asked something like:

Have you used a typewritter?
Have you used a rotary phone?
Have you used a standalone fax machine? (probably some lawyers and doctors would answer yes to this one at a higher than expected rate)
Have you used a pager?
Have you used a non smart cell phone?
Did you ever own a CRT tv? Was it black and white?
Name the slowest baud modem you've ever used? 110, 300,1200, 2400, 5600 14.4, 28.8 ect,
Yes to all!

Not sure of modem specifically, but I remember the early days of dial up.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Yes to all of the above….. except any type of mobile phone… never owned one, no plans to anytime soon

Typing class, in high school, was where all the girls were….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad