Canada
Kings up 4-0 on ducks; 7 minutes into the second period

Game is getting spicy

Ex jets Lewis playing with a little more emotion then when he was here

PLD in the box, each team with 3 men in the box of punishment

Reactions: wraithsonwings

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If there was every a video clip to show how useless pure fighters are at keeping players safe this is it. The toughest guy in the league was helpless when it came to protecting his teammate because Trouba rightfully declined the fight because dude is a scrub.

You can't keep you players safe with a goon. Its a myth.
yup. i used to bring this one up from years ago w/ ehlers too. thorburn front and center..... the supposed "enforcer" or fighters or w/e doesn't deter squat.

Reactions: ps241

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Holy crap PLD only has 9 points in 18 GP? He really coasting on that fat contract.

Didn't get to watch the game so not sure how he did but one Kings fans assessment of his game from their GDT is pretty hilarious:

I think PLD needs to do just one thing, and that's up his work rate. He looks like Kessel on the peleton out there a lot of the time. He's not keeping his feet moving.

He was like that here for periods for time as well, he is due for his "PLD looks like an unstoppable monster" run for a few games anytime now. His "meh" stretches were usually punctuated by those monster games here.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
They banned themed based stuff and my guess is they deem the helmet themed based. This is all due to the massive blowback to the few players who didn't partake in Pride Nights last year. You could say the NHL overcorrected but they are trying to not put any one event over another. You allow special jerseys and stuff for one, you need to for all.

Personally I'd like to bring it all back as I loved the different culture themed jerseys but then you put individual players back in the crossair if they don't partake. Not sure if the league or PA want that.

BTW it's an absolutely stunning mask.
I'm definitely not diving into the political aspect of this but the NHL should be truly inclusive, bring it all back, and leave this stuff optional for the players.

If they get blowback for their decisions, that's on the player. They might try looking at themselves and being a better person?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Sounds like the fans in Ottawa have had enough of DJ Smith.

Is that team a new coach away from the playoffs? I'm not sure. Ottawa keeps getting a lot of hype preseason and then they disappoint. I don't think it's just coaching there.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I'm definitely not diving into the political aspect of this but the NHL should be truly inclusive, bring it all back, and leave this stuff optional for the players.

If they get blowback for their decisions, that's on the player. They might try looking at themselves and being a better person?

I agree with your sentiment.
The last statement is unnecessary.

Reactions: Dirtbag151

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Oh I agree. It's likely going that way anyways as players keep flaunting the new rules.

Reactions: Jet

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Oh I agree. It's likely going that way anyways as players keep flaunting the new rules.
That to me is so damned encouraging.

Athletes are the last bastion of old school group think. The fact that more and more are speaking out with words or actions gives me hope

Funny that the NHL would say that his mask was not okay, but the Chicago Blackhawks theme is? Makes no sense...:dunno:
I never even thought about that

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
The chatter seems to be that Helly wanted to stay a Jet, he just wanted the organization to confirm to him that they were in it to win. I'm doubting Helly was ever seriously on the market.
yep, these are my thoughts too.

Funny that the NHL would say that his mask was not okay, but the Chicago Blackhawks theme is? Makes no sense...:dunno:
Bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad