Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I mean, Seattle's playing it smart then. If his ice time and his spot on the roster is empowering him to succeed, they'd be fools to go all Peter Principle on his ass and promote him to peak incompetence :) Plus he is, I believe the best Dutchman in the league and that counts for something!

He could also have been a late bloomer? He's only 25 so maybe he's just finding his groove. A man can dream, at least :)
Oh ya that was not meant to push him higher up. i think he has been great in his role. they are pretty balanced scoring team. 6 players have 10+ goals right now for them.

They're very good at limiting shots - 4th best in the league for all situations, and 3rd best at even strength, so that mitigates their weakness in goal. They're shooting over 12% (tops in the NHL) but that's roughly where the top SH% team ends up the last few seasons.
yeah they were good defensively last year as well iirc, while still having shit goaltending. but their finishing is the key difference. the additions of beniers+sprong+burakovsy is 40 goals so far this year.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
They're very good at limiting shots - 4th best in the league for all situations, and 3rd best at even strength, so that mitigates their weakness in goal. They're shooting over 12% (tops in the NHL) but that's roughly where the top SH% team ends up the last few seasons.
We'll see. Theyre due for shot regression big time. McCann is at nearly 26% and Beniers is at 19%. Those come down and their shots against goes up which is likely as the season progresses..........good luck.

Reactions: RabidOne

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Yeah honestly I'm more concerned about LA being smoke and mirrors, they just now got to net zero goal differential and are still in second place. And they definitely strike me as having similar goaltending issues. Insert "The Quick and The Dead" joke here.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Easy Mount playing with Hertl and Meier tonight

Has 71% xGoals and 62% Corsi. I haven't liked the Jets waiver handling this season. Kovacevic and Eyssimont- two homegrown players given up on in favor of guys from other teams who aren't even that good. I can see that they were hoping to sneak Kova through waivers and have him get gametime instead of sitting in PB but choosing Kuhlman over Eyssimont is just baffling. I don't know what they see in Kuhlman's game.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Has 71% xGoals and 62% Corsi. I haven't liked the Jets waiver handling this season. Kovacevic and Eyssimont- two homegrown players given up on in favor of guys from other teams who aren't even that good. I can see that they were hoping to sneak Kova through waivers and have him get gametime instead of sitting in PB but choosing Kuhlman over Eyssimont is just baffling. I don't know what they see in Kuhlman's game.

Big. Faceoffs. Big.

He's pretty lumbering, and has hands of stone, so far as I can tell.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Big. Faceoffs. Big.

He's pretty lumbering, and has hands of stone, so far as I can tell.

He is smaller than Eyssimont and hasn't played C in years. The only thing he has is above average speed but nothing comes out of it and I don't like his fit defensively on the Lowry line. Very weird by the Jets.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
He is smaller than Eyssimont and hasn't played C in years. The only thing he has is above average speed but nothing comes out of it and I don't like his fit defensively on the Lowry line. Very weird by the Jets.

Whoops!

I'm completely out to lunch on this one -- think I must have confused Kuhler with that Stenlund guy, or anyone really. Thanks for setting me straight, @JetsFan815!

Still miss Mike.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad