Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
What's the scoop with Sutter calling out the TO bias? Was it really that obvious - didn't watch the game

Watched the replay and maybe he should be instructing his team to be more disciplined. They were full marks for all the stupid penalties they took. The refs were actually pretty generous to even up a couple of other ones with offsetting penalties.

If you have a team that is going to obstruct, high stick, and cross check all night you deserve to spend all night in the box.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So I remember when we drafted K-Ves there was a school of thought that Eeli Tolvanen was the better option. Well Tolvanen was placed on waivers by the Preds so it looks like "none of the above" was the correct option on draft day. What is happening with 1st round Finns falling flat lately?

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
So I remember when we drafted K-Ves there was a school of thought that Eeli Tolvanen was the better option. Well Tolvanen was placed on waivers by the Preds so it looks like "none of the above" was the correct option on draft day. What is happening with 1st round Finns falling flat lately?
Kraken claim tolkenan. Would have been a good fit for the Jets with all their bottom. Sex injuries.. (bottom 6 was voice recognition as sex, I like it. )

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
He's been more productive than ves in the nhl. And no one in the nhl wants ves

Reactions: WolfHouse

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Yea one is not really an NHL player and one is waiver wire fodder so I will stick with none of the above as my choice In a redraft.
Yup.

Of the 20 players drafted after Vesalainen in the 2017 draft, only 4 have scored more than 40 NHL points, of which Tolvanen was one. And only 1 player has scored more than 58 NHL points, and that's Jason Robertson at 167.

Aside from Robertson, it turned out to be pretty slim pickens at #24, as far as the scouting eye could see.

For interest:

Last edited:
Reactions: ps241 and RabidOne

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Yup.

Of the 20 players drafted after Vesalainen in the 2017 draft, only 4 have scored more than 40 NHL points, of which Tolvanen was one. And only 1 player has scored more than 58 NHL points, and that's Jason Robertson at 167.

Aside from Robertson, it turned out to be pretty slim pickens at #24, as far as the scouting eye could see.

For interest:

That' 2017 draft for Dallas was dare I say franchise altering. Idk if there's many teams that have a drafted a trio of players as good as Robertson Heiskanen and Oettinger

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup.

For interest:

That’s the big problem drafting 18 y/o players. They are young unfinished projects that takes a lot of guesswork on how they will develop. In terms of Robertson the main scouting report in his draft year was deficiencies in skating in both speed and agility. He obviously developed in those areas, but how many players in similar positions have failed to do so?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
That' 2017 draft for Dallas was dare I say franchise altering. Idk if there's many teams that have a drafted a trio of players as good as Robertson Heiskanen and Oettinger
It’s definitely helped save them in contrast to their generally poor/mediocre drafting most other years.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
who is the hart candidate we are getting?

Yeah now that Cole is graduated I don't see a prospect in our pool thay looks like a good bet to be a top pairing or top line player.

I just hope we get a couple top 6 players and a top 4 dmen from our last 4 drafts. Still think Heinola gets there and I have a good feeling about Rashevsky but other than that it's either too soon to say or the players Lucious have been slow ro develop.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not sure who said that, but at 18 years old and the third youngest player in the AHL, personally I'm willing to give him plenty of time to determine what kind of career he might have.

Lambert imo has played better than what his point totals would say. Having said that there is some real concern from me that this might be the case going forward as well. There are many y high skilled fast players that can't seem to put it together. Guys like Burmistrov and Athanasiou come to mind. The good news is the Jets development staff will be patient with him but it's up to him to see if he can learn to use his tools effectively and consistiently.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Not sure who said that, but at 18 years old and the third youngest player in the AHL, personally I'm willing to give him plenty of time to determine what kind of career he might have.
I was being sarcastic. The hype was over the top. He could turn out to be a fine player. They are mostly a crapshoot these picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad