Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I still don’t know if Perfetti Is the best we could have got at that position with Lundel looking like he could be a perfect pld replacement but hindsight is always 50/50. Especially with people complaining about our lack of scoring and then wanting to use a 1st to get a goal scorer.
His points might be fine, but 6 goals eek. Is a 1st line for a earliesh 1st good or do you need to get stars at that position? Connor was a bit to late 1st at 17.
I think Perfetti will be elite. I don't think 30 70 100 is beyond his potential, and if Lambert develops into the scorer we think he can be that could be a lethal combo

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
I think Perfetti will be elite. I don't think 30 70 100 is beyond his potential, and if Lambert develops into the scorer we think he can be that could be a lethal combo

Yeah no doubt in my mind. He has been elite at every level he's played at and has always taken a while to learn the game at that level before he really hits his stride -- don't think the NHL will be any different.

He's 20, has played less than one full season over 2 years, and during much of that time was serving up 2-3 chances for every one his linemates took while working hard all over the ice. He's playing on a strong line now with Rejuvenated Scheif and Fountain of Youth Wheeler, and not looking out of place.

He's a young hockey player with a very, very high ceiling, which is exactly what it said on the box at draft time. I'm a very long way from being disappointed in Cole P.

And yeah, he's going to be dynamite with some of the talent coming up. The idea of him with a fully-flying Lambert and maybe a Rutger Roar providing smart playmaking and puck retrieval in the centre is pretty enticing.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
couple difference b/w scheifele and perfetti's rookie year that i see:
- scheifele was legit playing center and had a combo of kane and frolik mostly (also prime-wheeler and halischak) i think Perfetti has a better linemate mix with current iteration of Scheifele who has been undoubtedly our best fwd imo, Wheeler (although older & not as good as 13-14), or PLD. I reckon he will be getting a look next to KC at some point too.
- scoring is up considerably..... PPG this year is roughly equivalent to 71 pts in 13-14, as well as overall goals per game being up evidently

i think perfetti has been good this year. 40ish-50ish pts was my estimate of a good rookie year for him, he's playing at a 54 pace right now so slightly above where i was thinking. definitely in the run for the Calder, i think Beniers is #1 right now, and then some assortment of thompson, perfetti, or Quinn to round it out.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah no doubt in my mind. He has been elite at every level he's played at and has always taken a while to learn the game at that level before he really hits his stride -- don't think the NHL will be any different.

He's 20, has played less than one full season over 2 years, and during much of that time was serving up 2-3 chances for every one his linemates took while working hard all over the ice. He's playing on a strong line now with Rejuvenated Scheif and Fountain of Youth Wheeler, and not looking out of place.

He's a young hockey player with a very, very high ceiling, which is exactly what it said on the box at draft time. I'm a very long way from being disappointed in Cole P.

And yeah, he's going to be dynamite with some of the talent coming up. The idea of him with a fully-flying Lambert and maybe a Rutger Roar providing smart playmaking and puck retrieval in the centre is pretty enticing.

I agree with this, but I still expect he'll transition to center at some point. He has the smarts and game for it imo.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He is having a great year, 40 points already. But still 12 points less than McJesus, unreal how good McJesus is and Edmonton can barely play .500 hockey.

Campbell has had a very rough start in Edmonton, there D core isn't very good, and their forwards don't defend all that well. They are very top heavy and they will continue to be in the mix due to McD and Drai.

I agree with this, but I still expect he'll transition to center at some point. He has the smarts and game for it imo.

I believe he has the defensive awareness. and willingness, to play center. I guess we shall see if that is in the cards at some point.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

Sad to read. At this point he just needs to be out of Edmonton and with another organization where he doesn't have the 3rd overall pick expectations hanging over his head. I see him in Columbus, Carolina or Florida next season.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015

Campbell has had a very rough start in Edmonton, there D core isn't very good, and their forwards don't defend all that well. They are very top heavy and they will continue to be in the mix due to McD and Drai.

I believe he has the defensive awareness. and willingness, to play center. I guess we shall see if that is in the cards at some point.

Agree. He thinks and plays the game like a centre no matter what position he's playing, and on both sides of the ice. I actually think he'll create and score more as a centre but that move likely takes a few more miles on the clock and a leap of faith from the coaches, and maybe a drop down the lineup.

How long did it take Roslo to get a good run at C? Obviously he didn't stick here but I think Cole is a much stronger natural C now and going forward, especially as he gets stronger and quicker.

Reactions: ps241 and Jack7222

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Agree. He thinks and plays the game like a centre no matter what position he's playing, and on both sides of the ice. I actually think he'll create and score more as a centre but that move likely takes a few more miles on the clock and a leap of faith from the coaches, and maybe a drop down the lineup.

How long did it take Roslo to get a good run at C? Obviously he didn't stick here but I think Cole is a much stronger natural C now and going forward, especially as he gets stronger and quicker.

Hard to say as Moe isn't the coach any longer. I think a lot depends on if Scheifele and or Dubois stick around.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

If the Oilers had a Hellebuyck in net, they'd have a few more wins...they'd have a +28 goal differential!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Leaves get back to back shutouts from Murray and Samsonov. both have been real strong this year.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Jets 5th in athletics power rankings
20221209_101439.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad