Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Hayton at 5th overall in 2018 is a other one. He has 3 points in 23 games this year. The Jets generally do quite well in round 1.
Maybe? The jury is still out on Heinola, ves didn’t pan out, neither did Stanley. It’s too early to say about our newer 1st rd picks.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
You miss on more the later in rou d 1 you go. But to date our only bust is a player drafted near the end of round 1. Every team has a bunch of those.
Interesting how terms get defined. Is a 1st rd guy who is a 3rd pairing bottom line guy a bust? What is considered the end of round 1? 21st? 25? Interestingly the guys in bottom 6 from 5th rd Saku and Esyimont. On the other hand trading a 5th rd pick seems really cheap. I have got so far off track. I apologize.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Interesting how terms get defined. Is a 1st rd guy who is a 3rd pairing bottom line guy a bust? What is considered the end of round 1? 21st? 25? Interestingly the guys in bottom 6 from 5th rd Saku and Esyimont. On the other hand trading a 5th rd pick seems really cheap. I have got so far off track. I apologize.

I'd say Stanley is a disappointment but not a bust. He compares pretty favorably to the back half of round 1 in 2016. Really only Chychrin and Thompson have turned into elite players from that range. Everyone else is a bottom 6 forward or bottom pairing dmen.

You tend not to get elite players that often after pick 15 or so.

Reactions: thereturn

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I'd say Stanley is a disappointment but not a bust.
Heinola also seems like a disappointment so far at least to me as I expected a guy who would come in and really take over.
Is Gus a disappointment with his lack of offensive output. I’m definitely disappointed with Perfetti’s 6 goals despite being on the top line now and top 6 through 25 games.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Heinola also seems like a disappointment so far at least to me as I expected a guy who would come in and really take over.
Is Gus a disappointment with his lack of offensive output. I’m definitely disappointed with Perfetti’s 6 goals despite being on the top line now and top 6 through 25 games.

Heinola is still a wait and see for me. He has the skills to be a top 4 dmen and if he does he exceeds his draft spot.

Gus is a second round pick and they have a 20% shot at being an NHL player so when if he sticks as a 4th line pk center that can win faceoffs he's covered the bet.

Perfetti is pacing over 50 points this year despite not getting 4 on 4, 3 on 3, or gravy EN time. His scoring rates at 5 on 5 are first line caliber. He is also a playmaker first and foremost not a trigger man like Conner/Laine. I for one am not the least bit disappointed with a 20 year old rookie that is having a Conner esc rookie year at a younger age. I'm sure the goals will come once he figures NHL goalies out but he's almost always going to be more assists than goals. Just look at his last 3 years, pretty much a 2 to 1 ratio in assists to goals.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Heinola is still a wait and see for me. He has the skills to be a top 4 dmen and if he does he exceeds his draft spot.

Gus is a second round pick and they have a 20% shot at being an NHL player so when if he sticks as a 4th line pk center that can win faceoffs he's covered the bet.

Perfetti is pacing over 50 points this year despite not getting 4 on 4, 3 on 3, or gravy EN time. His scoring rates at 5 on 5 are first line caliber. He is also a playmaker first and foremost not a trigger man like Conner/Laine. I for one am not the least bit disappointed with a 20 year old rookie that is having a Conner esc rookie year at a younger age. I'm sure the goals will come once he figures NHL goalies out but he's almost always going to be more assists than goals. Just look at his last 3 years, pretty much a 2 to 1 ratio in assists to goals.
I still don’t know if Perfetti Is the best we could have got at that position with Lundel looking like he could be a perfect pld replacement but hindsight is always 50/50. Especially with people complaining about our lack of scoring and then wanting to use a 1st to get a goal scorer.
His points might be fine, but 6 goals eek. Is a 1st line for a earliesh 1st good or do you need to get stars at that position? Connor was a bit to late 1st at 17.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I still don’t know if Perfetti Is the best we could have got at that position with Lundel looking like he could be a perfect pld replacement but hindsight is always 50/50. Especially with people complaining about our lack of scoring and then wanting to use a 1st to get a goal scorer.
His points might be fine, but 6 goals eek. Is a 1st line for a earliesh 1st good or do you need to get stars at that position? Connor was a bit to late 1st at 17.

He's 20 and far from a finished product, Lundell also only has 4 goals this year and three less points.

He's tracking incredibly well so far and there is no reason why he can't turn into a star player. Also a 1st line player at 10 is a great result. Go back and check your average value 8-12, it's usually second line guys or second pairing dmen.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Perfetti is outperforming at least 6 guys this year that were taken in the 9 picks before him in the 2020 draft. He is out performing Lundell this year by three points and Perfetti has the upside to be a star. Lundell (who has 4 goals this year) will top out as a solid two way second line centre and is a third liner tight now.

To be a twenty year old rookie on pace for 55-60 points without PP1 time and EN situations is really very rare. He is third in rookie scoring and is square in the Calder race and 2nd in 2020 draft scoring this year. I am not sure what your expectations were, but he is outperforming most people's and his draft slot.

Last edited:

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016

Ya Lundell would've been cool. But I like our boy Perfetti

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Stanleg
I'd say Stanley is a disappointment but not a bust. He compares pretty favorably to the back half of round 1 in 2016. Really only Chychrin and Thompson have turned into elite players from that range. Everyone else is a bottom 6 forward or bottom pairing dmen.

You tend not to get elite players that often after pick 15 or so.
Stanley is a bust because we traded two picks to get him... one of those could easily have been Tage Thompson - he was not worth giving up two chances at an NHL player

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He's 20 and far from a finished product, Lundell also only has 4 goals this year and three less points.

He's tracking incredibly well so far and there is no reason why he can't turn into a star player. Also a 1st line player at 10 is a great result. Go back and check your average value 8-12, it's usually second line guys or second pairing dmen.

For me Perfetti is pacing slightly ahead of schedule.

His weaknesses coming out of the draft were his skating and immature body. The challenge was that his draft +1 and +2 seasons were so disjointed due to Covid and an injury that he only got in 60 something pro games total over two seasons.

I was expecting this season to look at bit more like Scheifele’s rookie NHL season but Cole is further along with less games played.

The way he has so easily meshes with Scheifele and a post prime Wheeler at 5 v 5 has been impressive to start.

Elite hockey brain and very high end skills so I won’t attach a ceiling to him yet.

SUX2BU

Average user of an average team
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Jets on the road playing Florida/Tampa/Carolina, so ..........

Coming to Canada Life Centre Mar 14/23

1670508085242.png

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Have to give the Leafs credit ... their goaltending and defence 3rd (GAA) in the league has them winning despite their offence being 19th (GFA).
Thing is they were really good defensively last year, too. And Matthews has not been dominant YET.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

5 goals and an assist was the final tally. Monster game.
He is having a great year, 40 points already. But still 12 points less than McJesus, unreal how good McJesus is and Edmonton can barely play .500 hockey.

Reactions: RabidOne and SLAYER
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad