Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Shift lengths actually look to be down across the board. Lack of suitable replacement for Weegar's minutes appears to be killing them. Montour, Gudas, and M. Staal are all playing way above their heads. Their goaltending has also been abysmal when Bobrovsky plays and shaky when Knight plays.

I guess Maurice succeeded in his goal of having the players think less? :dunno:

It also appears like they don't like defending the slot much.
20222023-20262-5v5.png

20222023-20189-5v5.png

This looks like a heat map from the last 3 years for the Jets.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
OK not trying to pick on Moe but on the PK all the Panthers were up in the play for some reason and left one McDavid alone with no one around sitting on their blue line. He obviously gets the puck and walks in and scores uncontested. How do you leave him completely unmarked.
They don't have Huddy as an assistant coach...yet! :sarcasm:

Reactions: surixon

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No they say they are statistically insignificant :sarcasm:
No, it's not that either. It is that the difference between a C who is good at them and one who is weak there is statistically insignificant. You are looking at one at about 45 and the other at about 55. You can argue that that is significant if you want to. I won't disagree.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
What about his poor tactics? Or his funky defensive system? Or his inability to make adjustments in game? How many Achille’s heels can he have?

In the lesser-known mythological treatment, "Achilles Tetracontagon," our hero Achilles possesses forty separate vulnerable heels, and must dance at incredible speeds and with great agility to elude the arrows of his foes.

Mo has always hewn to this version of the Greek Great, who famously eschewed anything but mustard on his smokies.

So, moar heels = moar special teams hijinks = more fan fun!

#StopBeakinOurCoach
#StatsAreForChumps
#OrationOverOvation
#WeWantHuddy
#RegressionDefence

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
So Leaf fans often talk about the unwarranted hate their team gets. I maintain a lot of it is from the main media that shoves the Leafs down our throats.

I just counted stories on the TSN NHL page:

49 Leaf stories

Winnipeg 2
Calgary 4
Edmonton 5
Vancouver 2
Ottawa 4
Montreal 3
Just imagine if ESPN's NFL coverage was 60% New York Giants, and 40% for the rest of the league combined. There'd be a civil war.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida

I enjoy watching all of the Maurice idiocies that infected the Jets for so many years and held us back, now infecting a different team. His firing of himself has made us better, and he now makes one of the other teams so much worse. Double benefit for the Jets and Jets fans!

I am going to enjoy the ride and share my joy! Of course, some Maurice band wagoneers will always try to silence the truth about PoMo, but results in sports simply do not lie. Advanced stats are used (improperly or in a vaccum) for that!

Reactions: Guardian17

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I enjoy watching all of the Maurice idiocies that infected the Jets for so many years and held us back, now infecting a different team. His firing of himself has made us better, and he now makes one of the other teams so much worse. Double benefit for the Jets and Jets fans!

I am going to enjoy the ride and share my joy! Of course, some Maurice band wagoneers will always try to silence the truth about PoMo, but results in sports simply do not lie. Advanced stats are used (improperly or in a vaccum) for that!
Maybe it's their paper thin blueline that's holding them back?

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Maybe it's their paper thin blueline that's holding them back?

If any one thing, Panthers goaltending has been worse. But for the Jets, look at how a 5 man system under a real coach can take the same defensemen and actually have a team that can defend. Our GA is down by 0.4 goals per game this year with the same guys as last year. It's never all only one thing but in this case, systems has given us the biggest improvement over arguably our biggest problem under Maurice. And systems are the coach.

Go Jets Go!

Fail Panthers Fail!

Reactions: Gm0ney

None

Feb 22, 2012

8AAV is the new 6AAV. Seems like a solid deal.

Probably a comparable for an eventual Dubois deal here or elsewhere. The only thing Dubois has over Hintz is physicality.

20-23 5v5DuboisHintz
G/600.571.25
Pts/601.592.39
CF%50.754.26
FF%51.2254.7
xGF%50.6757.45
Hits/60 :laugh:5.384.6

Similar Off. ZS%. Hintz faces slightly better competition though.

Dubois should come in a little lower but who knows.

Reactions: Huffer

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
8AAV is the new 6AAV. Seems like a solid deal.

Probably a comparable for an eventual Dubois deal here or elsewhere. The only thing Dubois has over Hintz is physicality.

20-23 5v5DuboisHintz
G/600.571.25
Pts/601.592.39
CF%50.754.26
FF%51.2254.7
xGF%50.6757.45
Hits/60 :laugh:5.384.6

Similar Off. ZS%. Hintz faces slightly better competition though.

Dubois should come in a little lower but who knows.
i think hintz is superior to PLD and you can add FO% too (although hintz and pavelski rotate i believe). this would be an overpay if we're basing the two of production, but in reality it might take that for PLD to re-sign.

here's PLD's player-card from Jfresh as of today as well
1669749114844.png

also this is the breakdown of the contract

Last edited:
Reactions: JetsFan815 and None

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
If any one thing, Panthers goaltending has been worse. But for the Jets, look at how a 5 man system under a real coach can take the same defensemen and actually have a team that can defend. Our GA is down by 0.4 goals per game this year with the same guys as last year. It's never all only one thing but in this case, systems has given us the biggest improvement over arguably our biggest problem under Maurice. And systems are the coach.

Go Jets Go!

Fail Panthers Fail!

But it's not the same defensemen. They're missing 2 defensemen who started Game 4 against Tampa for them and Ekblad only just returned 8 games ago.

He's definitely not making the best of the situation in Florida, sure, but there's plenty to criticize about Maurice in Florida without making up other things to go along with it.

Reactions: Duke749

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
i think hintz is superior to PLD and you can add FO% too (although hintz and pavelski rotate i believe). this would be an overpay if we're basing the two of production, but in reality it might take that for PLD to re-sign.

here's PLD's player-card from Jfresh as of today as well
View attachment 614585

also this is the breakdown of the contract

I would swap PLD for Hintz any day of the week. I would even offer to drive PLD to the airport (while holding my nose for the duration of the drive)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man Maurice really did a number on some of you guys :laugh:.

Personally I am rooting for Panthers to succeed. If they fail it means the Habs get a higher pick. I want them to make as deep a run as possible to make that pick as bad as possible.

Reactions: Buffdog and Huffer

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
But it's not the same defensemen. They're missing 2 defensemen who started Game 4 against Tampa for them and Ekblad only just returned 8 games ago.

He's definitely not making the best of the situation in Florida, sure, but there's plenty to criticize about Maurice in Florida without making up other things to go along with it.

I think he was talking about the improvement in the Jets defense using the same dcore.

Florida definitely has downgraded their defense and they have shaky goaltending. Some of that is his doing by still going to Sergi for half the starts despite stinking up the joint.

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I think he was talking about the improvement in the Jets defense using the same dcore.

Florida definitely has downgraded their defense and they have shaky goaltending. Some of that is his doing by still going to Igor for half the starts despite stinking up the joint.

That could be his intention. Like I said there's plenty to criticize Maurice for in Florida without exaggerating other things.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
It's strange reading on the Panthers' board about familiar things: "He overplays [shitty vet]! Why didn't he use his time out? His post-game answers are baffling!"

Well, PoMo will have $3.9M to dry his tears each season for the next 3 years...so don't feel too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad