Average user of an average team
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
The Maurices are up 1-0 on coilers

The guy that doesn’t know how to use a mouth guard scored first

1669690244081.gif

None

Feb 22, 2012
OK not trying to pick on Moe but on the PK all the Panthers were up in the play for some reason and left one McDavid alone with no one around sitting on their blue line. He obviously gets the puck and walks in and scores uncontested. How do you leave him completely unmarked.

They weren't world beaters on the PK last year, finishing the season with 79.5%; good for 16th in the league but somehow they've regressed.

21-2222-23
PK79.5% (16th)76.3% (22nd)
PP24.4% (5th)19.8% (24th)

None

Feb 22, 2012
Watching the Oilers trying to gain the zone with like a minute and a half left is miserable. 30 seconds of struggling and then they let McDavid take it and he gains the zone immediately :laugh:

Special teams have always been his Achilles heel.
What about his poor tactics? Or his funky defensive system? Or his inability to make adjustments in game? How many Achille’s heels can he have?

He emphasized when he was hired that he was there to bring structure to the Panthers' game and reduce the amount of thinking they had to do :laugh:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
What about his poor tactics? Or his funky defensive system? Or his inability to make adjustments in game? How many Achille’s heels can he have?

His tactics aren't exactly poor for certain teams. The Panthers are pretty well built for his straight line/grind philosophy. Yeah his defensive schemes aren't great either.

Imo this Panthers team should resemble the 14-15 Jets.

Reactions: snowkiddin

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Shift length increasing? Top 6 ice time increasing as well?

No idea, I don't follow the Panthers that much and don't really care to micro analyze them to see if Moe's tendencies like that are on display there. But I'd say it's safe to say that after coaching for as long as he has he is largely who he is as a coach and similar patterns will emerge there. I just am not one that cares to bag on the guy, he did a lot of good here for a time. I'd say his Florida team is underachieving their roster atm but still plenty of time for things to turn around.

I only made the comment because it was absolutely hilarious how all of their PKers joined the rush and forgot about the best player in the world sitting around at their blueline.

Last edited:

None

Feb 22, 2012
Shift length increasing? Top 6 ice time increasing as well?

Shift lengths actually look to be down across the board. Lack of suitable replacement for Weegar's minutes appears to be killing them. Montour, Gudas, and M. Staal are all playing way above their heads. Their goaltending has also been abysmal when Bobrovsky plays and shaky when Knight plays.

I only made the comment because it was absolutely halarious how all of their PKers joined the rush and forgot about the nest player in the world sitting around at their blueline.

I guess Maurice succeeded in his goal of having the players think less? :dunno:

It also appears like they don't like defending the slot much.
20222023-20262-5v5.png

20222023-20189-5v5.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Shift lengths actually look to be down across the board. Lack of suitable replacement for Weegar's minutes appears to be killing them. Montour, Gudas, and M. Staal are all playing way above their heads. Their goaltending has also been abysmal when Bobrovsky plays and shaky when Knight plays.

I guess Maurice succeeded in his goal of having the players think less? :dunno:

It also appears like they don't like defending the slot much.
20222023-20262-5v5.png

20222023-20189-5v5.png
The Tkachuk trade was pretty stupid, that’s for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad