Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
None of the guys that left/traded were not going to be retained for what they thought they were worth, none has really done anything since they left except Trouba who became captain of the Rangers but still makes bonehead plays

Reactions: sipowicz

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
NJD 👀

Went ffrom FIRE LINDY to 13-3 including 10 in a row, and outstanding underlying stats.

Edit
Saw this

Last edited:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Y'all know my rant about this, will spare you. But I swear, I just don't understand how it's possible that apparently absolutely no one in the NHL understands how the math works on this.

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 18.50.21.png

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I had no idea Jesper Bratt put up 73 points in 76 games last year. Wtf? And he’s stared off with 22 in 17.

Crazy thing about Jersey is their goaltending hasn’t been crazy. Can’t imagine they’ll keep up at this level but they seem to have broken through where Buffalo has seemed to have failed at every stretch.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I guess? What kind of question is this? They've won in 11 in a row as a fan wouldnt you be stoked about that
It's a question directed towards all the people are are unhappy with the Jets' 10-4-1 (8-1-1 last 10 games) record because the underlying analytics aren't good enough. A recurring theme on this board for many years.

It seems you're only allowed to enjoy and be pleased with your teams success in the standings if it coincides with good analytics numbers around here.

EDIT: And yes, I'd be stoked about 11 wins in a row. I'm also stoked about the Jets going 8-1-1 the last ten games.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
It's a question directed towards all the people are are unhappy with the Jets' 10-4-1 (8-1-1 last 10 games) record because the underlying analytics aren't good enough. A recurring theme on this board for many years.

It seems you're only allowed to enjoy and be pleased with your teams success in the standings if it coincides with good analytics numbers around here.

EDIT: And yes, I'd be stoked about 11 wins in a row. I'm also stoked about the Jets going 8-1-1 the last ten games.
Our underlying numbers aren't bad. They're dragged down by two extremely bad games against Vegas and the Kings. If we can be a good special teams team with Hellebuyck like goaltending, and be the good (but not great) xGF% team we've been without our best play driver in Ehlers, we're nothing to scoff at.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Interesting game in Florida last night. Because of their Cap spending only allowing them to keep a 20 man roster, Panthers had to play with 19 players last night, without Barkov, who was ill.

Gave up a 4 spot to Dallas in the 1st, on some prettty atrocious defending. Came back to make it 5-4, before giving up the empty netter. 44-29 shot advantage, a domination on the Corsi scoresheet, but a loss nonethless.

Bobrovksy lowers his save % on the year to .895, but can't really be held at fault. I'd say having Marc Staal as their #1 LD had some say in the loss. Sam Reinhart is struggling early in the season. Patrik Hornqvist moves to 1g, 1a, -5 in 17 games, for a $5.3 million Cap HIt.

Some Panthers fans saying the defense is too slow, and Maurice doesn't have a good system in place. Maurice had one of his textbook interviews after the game. Threw no one under the bus, with positive reinforcement.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Interesting game in Florida last night. Because of their Cap spending only allowing them to keep a 20 man roster, Panthers had to play with 19 players last night, without Barkov, who was ill.

Gave up a 4 spot to Dallas in the 1st, on some prettty atrocious defending. Came back to make it 5-4, before giving up the empty netter. 44-29 shot advantage, a domination on the Corsi scoresheet, but a loss nonethless.

Bobrovksy lowers his save % on the year to .895, but can't really be held at fault. I'd say having Marc Staal as their #1 LD had some say in the loss. Sam Reinhart is struggling early in the season. Patrik Hornqvist moves to 1g, 1a, -5 in 17 games, for a $5.3 million Cap HIt.

Some Panthers fans saying the defense is too slow, and Maurice doesn't have a good system in place. Maurice had one of his textbook interviews after the game. Threw no one under the bus, with positive reinforcement.

If they get it together Florida has the forwards to get them into the playoffs but they have a poor bottom 4 on d and not great tending and special teams.

Our underlying numbers aren't bad. They're dragged down by two extremely bad games against Vegas and the Kings. If we can be a good special teams team with Hellebuyck like goaltending, and be the good (but not great) xGF% team we've been without our best play driver in Ehlers, we're nothing to scoff at.

It's really just the Vegas game. Take that -4.92 xGA out and our defensive metrics are pretty strong and we are decently above 50 in terms of XGF.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
And, if we've truly lost that 'crumble under adversity' mindset we're extremely dangerous because we have at least 4 guys who can manufacture a goal out of very little

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Y'all know my rant about this, will spare you. But I swear, I just don't understand how it's possible that apparently absolutely no one in the NHL understands how the math works on this.

View attachment 609196

This is just my personal opinion on the subject. I dislike all coaches challenges as they are now. They were brought in because of a very few particularly badly missed calls.

What I would like to see: Hockey should make the on-ice officials the default correct call. Occasionally they miss by a substantial margin that needs to be changed but those instances are rare. So ..... have every play reviewed remotely by video. If it takes more than ~30 seconds to decide that an off-side call was missed or was wrong then it is too close to overrule the on-ice officials. If an egregious error was made, blow the horn just like they do for a goal decision. Reset the clock and FO and play on. No coaches challenges, no extra penalties required. No 10 minute delays while the officials huddle over a screen. No exciting, good goals called back for a debatable milli-second or fraction of a millimetre off-side.

Don't leave it up to the coaches to appeal. That goes even more so with goalie interference. That is a tough one to call. At least if it is the same people reviewing the plays there will be more consistency in how the rule is applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad