Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Exactly. Why should sports be used as a propaghanda vehicle for the military. ie) military appreciation games, players coming out in camo gear, hundreds of thousands of free tickets to military personal each year

I've never understood the reason for constantly celebrating the military at North American sports events. Let's put an end to this.
All of it, not just the military. All of it.
I can understand “celebrating” specific races as a thinly veiled attempt at broadening the fan base, but stop boring us with the political cause de jour.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Exactly. Why should sports be used as a propaghanda vehicle for the military. ie) military appreciation games, players coming out in camo gear, hundreds of thousands of free tickets to military personal each year

I've never understood the reason for constantly celebrating the military at North American sports events. Let's put an end to this.

This is American, but the military pays a lot to sports leagues for promotion

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I see these things more as "politicalized social issues" than "political issues"

If it were "political issues", they'd be asking you to join then on "Foreign Policy Night"
All of it, not just the military. All of it.
I can understand “celebrating” specific races as a thinly veiled attempt at broadening the fan base, but stop boring us with the political cause de jour.

Reactions: Channelcat

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I see these things more as "politicalized social issues" than "political issues"

If it were "political issues", they'd be asking you to join then on "Foreign Policy Night"
Yes, you worded it better… politcalized social issues can gladly disappear from sporting events (and all entertainment content for that matter).

Reactions: JonS

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I have no problem with them promoting the military or other political causes as long as the games start at the scheduled time (10 mins past the posted time).
I pvr every game and usually start watching about an hour into the game. That allows me to mercifully skip right to puck drop (and I can avoid a whole lot of commercials too).

Reactions: Flair Hay

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The OEL deal was terrible from day 1 and it’s seems everyone but Benning knew it.

Such a strange career arc on OEL. He was a very good player in his early 20’s but he went into the tank and could never get back to his peak.

I wonder if he had an injury that he never fully recovered from?

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The OEL deal was terrible from day 1 and it’s seems everyone but Bennington knew it.

Such a strange career arc on OEL. He was a very good player in his early 20’s but he went into the tank and could never get back to his peak.

I wonder if he had an injury problem?
Yeah. Some commentary from VAN fans was saying it was typical to see this guy grimacing multiple times a game in pain.

That deal was so shit. And they're trying to get rid of Garland for years.

Lou Eriksson contract keeps haunting them lol. This is why it's a blessing jets aren't UFA players.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
The OEL deal was terrible from day 1 and it’s seems everyone but Bennington knew it.

I wonder if he had an injury that he never fully recovered from?
Benning is an idiot and it was a stupid move. He shed a few contracts in that deal that would have been up in a year.talk about handcuffing the franchise.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
Wait a second.... I didn't watch any of the Vegas parade thing, but when watching the highlight of Karlsson, did he say something about beating the Coyotes first round????

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Benning is an idiot and it was a stupid move. He shed a few contracts in that deal that would have been up in a year.talk about handcuffing the franchise.

That is the problem when you start to panic a bit and In Vancouver you always have to factor In their crazy owner :laugh:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
And people wonder why everyone wants to play for the Golden Knights....

After the Golden Knights' celebrations, Alice Little, a licensed sex worker, wants to bring back some of the happiness the team made their fans feel and offered them something to celebrate.

"We here in Sin City love the Golden Knights more than life itself. I cannot express in words the joy I feel now the team won their first-ever Stanley Cup, so I'm going to express it through my actions," Little told TMZ.

"Dozens of ladies, myself included, are ready and waiting at the Chicken Ranch to treat the Knights to any and every carnal delight, and there will be absolutely no penalties for misconduct, most extravagant, orgiastic sex party," Little says.

No word on the response from the players.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

After the Golden Knights' celebrations, Alice Little, a licensed sex worker, wants to bring back some of the happiness the team made their fans feel and offered them something to celebrate.

"We here in Sin City love the Golden Knights more than life itself. I cannot express in words the joy I feel now the team won their first-ever Stanley Cup, so I'm going to express it through my actions," Little told TMZ.

"Dozens of ladies, myself included, are ready and waiting at the Chicken Ranch to treat the Knights to any and every carnal delight, and there will be absolutely no penalties for misconduct, most extravagant, orgiastic sex party," Little says.

Oh did Vegas win? Good for them.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Well looks like Hanifin is the first one to ask out of Calgary.

I wonder if the Sutter stuff was just a copout or convenient excuse. I've heard Sutter isn't really the mental terrorist people make him out to be but he does have really high expectations.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

Classy Broad.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I wonder if the Sutter stuff was just a copout or convenient excuse. I've heard Sutter isn't really the mental terrorist people make him out to be but he does have really high expectations.

For some I'm sure it was a real issue. We heard it from Kadri and Huberdeau's agent last year. For others I'm sure it was just an excuse. I'm sure some players like Hanifin and maybe Lindholm have wanted out and are going to take the FA route.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

Kinds of ups the ante over the MPI sponsorship

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
For some I'm sure it was a real issue. We heard it from Kadri and Huberdeau's agent last year. For others I'm sure it was just an excuse. I'm sure some players like Hanifin and maybe Lindholm have wanted out and are going to take the FA route.
We should do a disgruntled swap with Calgary:

Hanafin, Lindholm, Huberdeau for Dubois, Schiefele and Wheeler 🤣

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
We should do a disgruntled swap with Calgary:

Hanafin, Lindholm, Huberdeau for Dubois, Schiefele and Wheeler 🤣
Pass on Huberdeau. He got bounced first round last year and complained about playing Sutter hockey ... sounds to me he does not like the tough hitting part of hockey which you need for the playoffs.
Jets need some toughness in the lineup and I don't mean like a Lucic type player ... players like Tkachuk willing to go to the net that also have talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad