Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
I went to Vegas the summer of 2017. I asked my Uber if he cared about the new team back then. He legit told me he didn’t care and mentioned that the NFL holds more weight. I wonder how he feels now. Lol

Congrats Vegas, game recognize game.

It’s still F Vegas though! Hahaha

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Eh, I still agree with Bones though. Maybe you can disagree about him going public with the comments, but they were deserved IMO. It’s not like this is the only time this core has limped out.

Granted, tough to ignore the injuries too though

Sure but given how decimated we were this year seems somewhat excusable. What are Edmontons, Dallas's, Florida's excuses for getting crushed?

Anyhow we are going to start a new era with a new team going forward and Bones can put in place the template he wants with largely a blank slate.

Reactions: Been around

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
1686711092052.jpeg

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Sure but given how decimated we were this year seems somewhat excusable. What are Edmontons, Dallas's, Florida's excuses for getting crushed?

Anyhow we are going to start a new era with a new team going forward and Bones can put in place the template he wants with largely a blank slate.
Dallas at least came back to make it a series, more of the issue with them is how they let Vegas jump out to a 3-0 lead. Edmonton has no excuses especially after being gifted McJesus but they’ve had issues getting over the jump there for a while too.

It’s tough because against Calgary we also ran out of horses and even playing Montreal down Scheifele sucked.

Anyhow you’re right and the poster boy for disappearing in game 5 (PLD) looks like he could be gone as early as this week so I’m ready for a new era

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Chevy didn't have the war chest of futures Vegass was gifted nor did he have the luxury of a lineup of players wanting to play there. Think of it this way, only 1player on their roster is a home grown draft pick. Chevy made runs at Stone, Whitecloud, and offered Pietroangelo a contract as a FA. They all declined to come here.

The chance a team can replicate what Vegas did is incredibly slim.
that is just an excuse for failure .."poor pitiful me!!!" atitude.....if they were gifted such a team from the onset, why all the changes since there inception!!??...maybe vegas had a better grasp of reality of their team what was needed to win??...there are other players that could have made a difference, sometime in the jets case it seems like subtraction would have been an addition

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Holy shit. Paul Maurice must just be utterly embarrassed.

Vegas has beaten his team 4 times in the Playoffs in the past 6 years.

This one's gotta hurt.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Dallas at least came back to make it a series, more of the issue with them is how they let Vegas jump out to a 3-0 lead. Edmonton has no excuses especially after being gifted McJesus but they’ve had issues getting over the jump there for a while too.

It’s tough because against Calgary we also ran out of horses and even playing Montreal down Scheifele sucked.

Anyhow you’re right and the poster boy for disappearing in game 5 (PLD) looks like he could be gone as early as this week so I’m ready for a new era
that is just an excuse for failure .."poor pitiful me!!!" atitude.....if they were gifted such a team from the onset, why all the changes since there inception!!??...maybe vegas had a better grasp of reality of their team what was needed to win??...there are other players that could have made a difference, sometime in the jets case it seems like subtraction would have been an addition

They were gifted the assets to improve their team and had the luxury of players jumping at the chance to play there. Contrary Chevy started with next to no organizational/prospect depth and had to build slowly. Almost all our futures those years formed the basis of our core. Not at all analogous.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
True but Vegas can make moves that the Jets can't. Stone snubbed the Jets for Vegas, Pietrangelo is a key piece on their blue line, Eichel I'm sure had sway over where he ended up.

I don't want to say it's impossible for Winnipeg to do it, they showed they could in 2018, but I'd caution against trying to emulate markets that have different circumstances than Winnipeg does.
then you know what, history will repeat it self, chevy at the TDL said he believe he has the players(core) to make this team a winner, however it seems like the players(core ) differ in opinion in there lies the problem with the organization, players seeing and believing one view and the mgmt believing or knowing another......how many times have the players initiated the change instead of chevy initiating one major change that was required or even requested by the player himself

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
They were gifted the assets to improve their team and had the luxury of players jumping at the chance to play there. Contrary Chevy started with next to no organizational/prospect depth and had to build slowly. Almost all our futures those years formed the basis of our core. Not at all analogous.
still chevy built himself a really good hand which was predicted to to win the stanley cup unlike vegas and what did chevy do with that hand???...let it fester instead of moving players that should have been moved for tangible assets.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Marchessault should thank Dale tallon

Gotta love it for those long suffering Vegas fans. Have never celebrated squat.

Reactions: roccerfeller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad