Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Generally speaking...Your chances of running into a Stanley Cup Finalist in the Playoffs is 33%.

Your chance of running into the Winner is 25%.

Your Chances of running into neither is about 50%.

In the last 5 Playoff entries..

Winnipeg has ran into the finalist twice.

AND

We have run into the Cup Winner twice.

Basically we flipped a coin 5 times and it landed on heads 4 times when we needed tails..

1686709565727.jpeg

Reactions: kanadalainen

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
LOL.

I was also wondering if Maurice is going to trash his team for a "disgusting" lack of commitment and push-back. They are getting thrashed in game 5 much worse than the Jets were, and they are only missing one core player to injury.

Yup, they have destroyed teams in 4 of 6 elimination games they've played.

Didn't like Bones's comments then and they aren't looking much better in light of what has transpired since.

Yeah I don't see Maurice ripping his team. He'll likely make excuses about Tkachuk being out or something.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I wonder how our present situation could have been different had Stone wanted to come here.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Not a great SC series and probably not a ratings winner but I'm sure Bettman will tell whoever is listening that is was a great series and the ratings were off the charts

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Yes, f*** Vegas, wholeheartedly.

But honestly screw this Cup final in general. I'm glad it's done and dusted.

We can move forward to one of the most exciting off-seasons in Jets' 2.0 history.

(So we are being told, anyways)

:laugh:
Yup we lose our Vezina goaltender our top 2 centres and compete for the first overall pick in the 23-24 season!

on the plus side tickets should be easy to come by…. 2 cokes, 2 hotdogs and 2 tickets for $99 coming soon!

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
sure, vegas was dealt a really good hand, but chevy built himself a real good hand.. heck of a hand, and what did chevy do, he stood pat...vegas didnt stand pat, look at all the changes vegas made thru there existence...chevy only made moves when he was forced to, and he is forced to make changes once again...unlike vegas, they made changes they felt that would make the club better than waiting for the players to make the changes....gotta give vegas credit , they didnt stand pat!

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
If anything, Vegas winning the cup shows the fruition of their template.

Step 1: Get good players
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit.

Screw the loyalty and optics. Players will never see themselves as the issue, so jettison those ones in trades to bring in better talent.

f*** Vegas, f*** Paul Maurice, and eat at Arby's.

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Yup we lose our Vezina goaltender our top 2 centres and compete for the first overall pick in the 23-24 season!

on the plus side tickets should be easy to come by…. 2 cokes, 2 hotdogs and 2 tickets for $99 coming soon!

HF can't supply you with a 2023/2024 Tank Thread soon enough, my friend.

:laugh:

Reactions: sipowicz

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Yup, they have destroyed teams in 4 of 6 elimination games they've played.

Didn't like Bones's comments then and they aren't looking much better in light of what has transpired since.

Yeah I don't see Maurice ripping his team. He'll likely make excuses about Tkachuk being out or something.
Eh, I still agree with Bones though. Maybe you can disagree about him going public with the comments, but they were deserved IMO. It’s not like this is the only time this core has limped out.

Granted, tough to ignore the injuries too though

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
sure, vegas was dealt a really good hand, but chevy built himself a real good hand.. heck of a hand, and what did chevy do, he stood pat...vegas didnt stand pat, look at all the changes vegas made thru there existence...chevy only made moves when he was forced to, and he is forced to make changes once again...unlike vegas, they made changes they felt that would make the club better than waiting for the players to make the changes....gotta give vegas credit , they didnt stand pat!
they have the ability to attract free agents and not be on every teams no trade lists. that makes a huge difference in how aggressive you can be

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

True but Vegas can make moves that the Jets can't. Stone snubbed the Jets for Vegas, Pietrangelo is a key piece on their blue line, Eichel I'm sure had sway over where he ended up.

I don't want to say it's impossible for Winnipeg to do it, they showed they could in 2018, but I'd caution against trying to emulate markets that have different circumstances than Winnipeg does.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Chevy does lay down pat!

1686710369032.jpeg

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Chevy didn't have the war chest of futures Vegass was gifted nor did he have the luxury of a lineup of players wanting to play there. Think of it this way, only 1player on their roster is a home grown draft pick. Chevy made runs at Stone, Whitecloud, and offered Pietroangelo a contract as a FA. They all declined to come here.

The chance a team can replicate what Vegas did is incredibly slim.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
they have the ability to attract free agents and not be on every teams no trade lists. that makes a huge difference in how aggressive you can be
Yup they can take metaphorical dumps on whoever they want as a destination city. It’s shitty but it is what it is

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Chevy does lay down pat!

1686710498572.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: rkp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad