Rangers Raise “Regular season Champions” banner.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Honestly, reading through this thread, it just makes me sad that so many people completely devalue any accomplishment over the course of an 82 game season between October and March because a team might get eliminated in 4 games in April

Winning the President's Trophy should absolutely mean more for a franchise than it currently does. It and the Stanley Cup should be the 2 most coveted trophies in hockey, either showing consistent dominance over the long haul of a season, or the ability to get hot at the right moment.
Especially considering what this actually is. It's a f***in banner. It's not like they paraded the President's Trophy down Broadway.

These Barstool and Shittin' Clickbait types never aged past 14.

Last edited:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Have the caps picked a night this year for their Putin Bobblehead give away? Its pretty hard to take anyone seriously who's username is celebrating an open supporter of a geocidal lunatic. Its not a good look for you.

You don’t know me, I don’t care about you or what you think of me. The team and players I choose to support don’t have any correlation with my political convictions, so you can keep your comment to yourself.

If you can’t have a civil discussion with other people who don’t think exactly like you, you can always try Reddit ;)

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
You don’t know me, I don’t care about you or what you think of me. The team and players I choose to support don’t have any correlation with my political convictions, so you can keep your comment to yourself.

If you can’t have a civil discussion with other people who don’t think exactly like you, you can always try Reddit ;)

if you consider not liking someone who supports genocide as just a 'different political conviction', then i do in fact know everything i need to know about you.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Every team does this. Usually they just quietly hang them up somewhere in the offseason since they're not anything really worth holding a ceremony for...Unless you're Nashville, of course.

The Rangers one only looks weird because i think as somebody on reddit pointed out, the "regular season champions" one reads that way because they have a couple pre-president's trophy banners hanging so this one matches for consistency purposes.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Forward 'em over. I like laughing at a silly regular season champs banner, and AFC finalists banner and a multitude of stand-up comics.

If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.

The dichotomy of it being “silly” to hang a banner for this vs. “Western Conference Champs” from the playoffs is not lost on me.

Did you know it is statistically harder to win the league during the regular season than to win a Conference in the playoffs? For that matter, the odds of winning the Cup are the same as the Presidents’ Trophy. So it’s clearly not some arbitrary non-achievement.

Why does anyone give the tiniest of (XXXX’s) what the team that won something that every other team didn’t does with the banner commemorating it? If no other team ever hung a banner celebrating this, it’d be one thing. But every single team who has won it has a banner. I just don’t get why this one is humorous other than a way to take shots at a team and fan base.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad