Rangers Raise “Regular season Champions” banner.

kingsholygrail

1-0-2 IT BEGINS!
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The Bruins used to have individual banners for division champs, etc (mostly to compete with all the Celtics championship banners) but have since consolidated it to 1 banner for each non Cup milestone and they list the years

s-l1600.jpg

a3671d0ee2737eea79cdbe5ceb9d1001.jpg
Cool BINGO card.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
The Rangers have a banner for this that goes back well before the NHL created the President's Trophy, so they're probably just trying to be consistent with their own internal precedent. The President's Trophy only goes back to 1986, and the Rangers history goes back a lot further than that.
Smartest post in a thread that was created only to poke fun.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
and people shit on the caps for raising their president trophy banners this is much worse 😂 the rangers are an original six franchise they are above this

kobe Bryant once said the only banners that should be raised are title ones. this doesn't count

But.... it's an actual title.....

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
The Rangers have a banner for this that goes back well before the NHL created the President's Trophy, so they're probably just trying to be consistent with their own internal precedent. The President's Trophy only goes back to 1986, and the Rangers history goes back a lot further than that.
The Oilers 1st "NHL League Championship" banner in 83-84 is named like "League Champions", but all subsequent as "NHL Presidents Trophy". Given the color coding it's pretty easy to figure out what the banners mean regardless of the name, while maintaining the accurate accomplishment on the banner.

Pretty bizarre to declare an "own internal precedent" imo... would be like putting up Prince of Wales and Patrick banners in the 2020's :facepalm:

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Devil fans haven't said shit about this. Read the thread, none of these posters are Devils fans.
Although, I can see why you'd assume Devil fans would jump at the chance to mock the Rangers, but we haven't done it at all here.

As a Rangers fan I agree and think this was an uncalled shot against Devils fans.

At the same time, it's a bit unusual to NOT see a Devils fan ragging on the Rangers.

Likely has something to do with having a good start so far.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
As a Rangers fan I agree and think this was an uncalled shot against Devils fans.

At the same time, it's a bit unusual to NOT see a Devils fan ragging on the Rangers.

Likely has something to do with having a good start so far.
I was shocked as well that no Devil fans were in here seems like a pretty easy target. Even if it's a stupid thing to care about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad