Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Yes every now and again that occurs, but some occasional freezing of video with the feed briefly changing to a pixelated/low def feed as the signal kicks back in.

Both issues have happened a few dozen tubes tonight

Only watching CBC as it’s a full 10 seconds ahead of Sportsnet.
It's kind of strange, actually: here in Toronto I'm always 30-90 seconds behind what my mom is seeing back in Winnipeg when I happen to be talking to her on the phone. It's not just me, either: in the last series I could hear people cheering Maple Leafs goals around my neighbourhood a full minute after my mom in Winnipeg told me that they'd been scored. Not sure why this happens but it's been true for years, on every sports telecast on TSN or SN as far as I've noticed.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I guess we will have to see why Dubas is out. Is it a mental health issue ( he did seem rather burnt out ) or is it just an on-ice performance issue?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Smart of Shanny to take control. Can’t have a maybe GM dither, you’re in or out. This off season is way too important for the Leafs to waist time.

Dubas will be working as soon as he wants and the Leafs could probably use a fresh set of eyes.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Dubas is 37. Chevy is 53.

Fire Chevy, hire Dubas, Jets would have their GM for the next 30 years. o_O

30 years of launching water bottles

Years 1-10 will start off with dasini and aquafina, thrown in random fashion (straight throws, lob balls, alley-oop’s) towards either the floor, ceiling, or one of the 3 walls

years 11-20 will progress to smart water and fiji but switch to kirkland for every playoff victory and water pulled straight from the red river/assiniboine at the forks for every play off loss, preferably near that toilet that is from the restaurant on the bridge

the perrier/any sparkling water brand will come out only when the jets hoist the cup

Years 21-30 he will cool off as he switches exclusively to “golden water” crown royal and reserves launching the bottle for #1 overall draft pick selections who he will dedicate 1/4 of cap space for

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
30 years of launching water bottles

Years 1-10 will start off with dasini and aquafina, thrown in random fashion (straight throws, lob balls, alley-oop’s) towards either the floor, ceiling, or one of the 3 walls

years 11-20 will progress to smart water and fiji but switch to kirkland for every playoff victory and water pulled straight from the red river/assiniboine at the forks for every play off loss, preferably near that toilet that is from the restaurant on the bridge

the perrier/any sparkling water brand will come out only when the jets hoist the cup

Years 21-30 he will cool off as he switches exclusively to “golden water” crown royal and reserves launching the bottle for #1 overall draft pick selections who he will dedicate 1/4 of cap space for
Elevate to fire hose in short order.

• Haha
Reactions: roccerfeller

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Dubas did OK, should have done better considering what he was given.

Leafs had a bunch of very early draft picks and those players hit their prime while he was GM. He was also handed John Tavares.

They have a potent offense, but he couldn't solidify the goaltending or defense. Matthews, Marner and Tavares were all overpaid. Take 1 million of each of those guys and put it towards defense.

Look at what Vegas has been doing with an OK goalie and sound defense.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I doubt Dubas has any interest in returning to a GM role any time soon based on his press conference, but I'd take a shot at him to replace Chevy for a rebuild if it gets to that point. I think he's a good GM who made some bad rookie GM mistakes.

I also don't think the next guy the Leafs bring in is going to be as good as Dubas.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Not sure he even wanted to go back. He seemed really burnt out.
Sounds like he played his hand and Shanny said GTFO, going into a season as a lame duck GM was always going to be his undoing if the Leafs didn't make it at least to the final four if not the Cup finals.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I doubt Dubas has any interest in returning to a GM role any time soon based on his press conference, but I'd take a shot at him to replace Chevy for a rebuild if it gets to that point. I think he's a good GM who made some bad rookie GM mistakes.

I also don't think the next guy the Leafs bring in is going to be as good as Dubas.

I think he got taken to the woodshed by some experienced agents early on and that resulted in him messing up his cap situation pretty bad. After that I tend to agree that he started to find his footing and built some good teams around his core. I liked a lot of his depth moves and Keefe had his teams as a top performing regular season team consistently. He could never solve the goaltending though and his core continually underachieving in the post season. I think he'll do much better his second time around.

Sounds like he played his hand and Shanny said GTFO, going into a season as a lame duck GM was always going to be his undoing if the Leafs didn't make it at least to the final four if not the Cup finals.

Didn't see that tweet. Interesting. Well he wasn't going to get a big raise with the teams performance.

Reactions: RabidOne

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
It isn't rocket appliances why Dubas wasn't extended. That said, I am genuinely curious how he would do in a smaller market where players don't flock to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad