Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
My personal take is it is wrong to call these guys losers as many have won before in different situations. I think they are an unhappy bunch that has become dysfunctional. In a different situation I think many of them go onto to excel.
I'd be shocked if they didn't excel in a new environment - Dubois, Scheifele for certain.

Connor is a conundrum this past half season - strange case of the 'yips'. But otherwise as a goal scorer, not in the playoffs, he has excelled.

Hellebuyck with a managed load and more effective defensive structure (say like a center that isn't afraid to skate near his own net) would probably be even better.

Wheeler is what Wheeler is, I don't think his play will improve with a move, but he'll lay his heart on the line all the time. His in-game effort isn't an issue.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Bob went 3-1 as a starter against the Bruins. In those 4 games, he posted the following sv% in each game:
0.917 W
0.853 W (fyi - Ullmark was so bad he posted an 0.812 and so he did not play in the deciding seventh game of the series)
0.936 W
0.833 L

When you have such a small sample size of games, it is useless to post an average sv%. You have to look at discrete games. Unless I am trying to create a narrative, and I want to use an 0.833 to pull down the four game average so people won't realize that he put up a 0.936 and a 0.917 in two important elimination games.

Last edited:

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Bob went 3-1 as a starter against the Bruins. In those 4 games, he posted the following sv% in each game:
0.917 W
0.853 W (fyi - Ullmark was so bad he posted an 0.812 and so he did not play in the deciding seventh game of the series)
0.936 W
0.833 L

When you have such a small sample size of games, it is useless to post an average sv%. You have to look at discrete games. Unless I am trying to create a narrative, and I want to use an 0.833 to pull down the four game average so people won't realize that he put up a 0.936 and a 0.917 in two important elimination games.

Add to this the standout standout skater for the Panthers - of course Matthew Tkachuk. In 10 post season games this year he has 15 points :bow:and is a +9 :amazed:. His shot % is probably not sustainable, but he has set the tone/benchmark for how the Panthers as a team are playing this post season.

Zito looks like a genius for that off season trade.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
So does the center of the universe turn into a blackhole tonight?
Most mini-universes (eg, galaxies) support massive to super massive black holes at their core. Just take a gander at M87, heck the relativistic jet eminating from that monster is hundreds of light years...

oh!

Tranna?

Hopefully. :)

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Former Jet added to team USA.

It rankles me so much that we let this guy go for nothing. It's not even one of those situations where he was mediocre here and suddenly blossomed. Many of us who had watched him on the Moose and on the Jets were pumping his tires. I would not be surprised at all if he turns into 25-35 point bottom-6 forward next season who goes to the net, brings grit and physicality, draws an above average number of penalties. Ofcourse not a franchise ruining move but exactly the kind of guy we need in the bottom-6!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
It rankles me so much that we let this guy go for nothing. It's not even one of those situations where he was mediocre here and suddenly blossomed. Many of us who had watched him on the Moose and on the Jets were pumping his tires. I would not be surprised at all if he turns into 25-35 point bottom-6 forward next season who goes to the net, brings grit and physicality, draws an above average number of penalties. Ofcourse not a franchise ruining move but exactly the kind of guy we need in the bottom-6!
When I was looking at this year's UFA class his underlyings really stood out. Granted low amount of minutes. But I wouldn't be shocked if he put up that production you listed.

Reactions: JetsFan815

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I'll bet his pushback goes to 11. :nod:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

I wish there was sound for this clip so we would know what he is saying. :nod:

maurice-swearing.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad