Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Chevy isn’t daft to ignore the contract status of his top end players. While he may keep some of these players into the season with their current contracts, there will absolutely be a final deadline to make these decisions and that will be the TDL. Either players like Hellebuyck and Schiefele get Big Buffed or they get Ladded out of here.
The decision to hold 'em or fold 'em will be Chipman's, not Chevy's. I believe that Chipman thinks he has a winning hand with his four aces (Helly, Scheif, PLD and Wheeler) and he's going all in. As for a TDL dump off, that only happens if they are out of the playoff picture and what is the likelihood of that? The Central sucks.

(switches to Austrian accent)

Hear me now and believe me later. There will be no trading. That's right. Chevy gonna f***...

giphy.gif

... you up! :nod:

Reactions: Eyeseeing

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The decision to hold 'em or fold 'em will be Chipman's, not Chevy's. I believe that Chipman thinks he has a winning hand with his four aces (Helly, Scheif, PLD and Wheeler) and he's going all in. As for a TDL dump off, that only happens if they are out of the playoff picture and what is the likelihood of that? The Central sucks.

Hear me now and believe me later. There will be no trading. That's right. Chevy gonna f***...

giphy.gif

Yeah but even Chipman isn't going to let premier assets walk for nothing and then subject himself to a far worse and prolonged rebuild.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I can see Chevy looking at this post-season one of two ways.

Teams with comparable records like Florida and Seattle are winning and advancing and both could be in the conference championship games. The message resonates, "See, that could be us. All we need is a foot in the door and anything can happen". And no trades get done, all the core are back for another run regardless of contract status beyond the coming season.

Or...

Chicago gets a generational player and the message resonates, "f*** me! Tanking works! Who knew?" And he blows it up to kingdom come.

I know what I want to happen, and I know what will happen.
Or he looks at those situations and wonders why our players don’t have that level of commitment or buy in to the coach’s system

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Whats weird is they normally interview the expected first overall pick after the draw, but no word from Bedard...

He grew up a Canucks fan. Hawks are their rivals lol.

He's probably choked.

When Lindros got drafted 1st Overall he refused to play for the Quebec Nordiques.

Ppl said it was because he grew up a Leafs fan (Quebec and Mtl were rivals to the Leafs back then).

Lindros recently came out and said he refused to play for the Nordiques because of the sexual assault allegations surrounding the team and the teams owner...

Kinda like the Kyle Beach situation with the Hawks.

I would love if Bedard followed suit. It wont happen, but it's kinda crazy how History sometimes repeats itself.

I havent heard this theory on Social Media yet, just my conspiracy brain finding similarities to the Lindros/Bedard situation and working on overdrive lol

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
AI generated Mascots...

1683673229243.png

I love how all these teams got Disney level Mascots... Except Vegas... Vegas finally gets the Villain it always deserved..

Sidebar: For obvious reasons, the Chicago Black Hawks mascot is surprisingly accurate.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

giphy.gif

No way do the Jets risk losing these players as self rentals for one last gasp.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I just have a feeling that if Bob continued to suck past the first start (IIRC Lyon started games 1-3, Bob came in in relief in Game 3) and the Panthers got bounced that you wouldn’t be in here telling us how amazing Maurice is for getting the Panthers to the next round.

Maurice deserves some credit, but Bobrovsky deserves some too.
Bob went 3-1 as a starter against the Bruins. In those 4 games, he had an aggregated .891 save percentage.

Bob is stepping it up against the Leafs but I am confused why some of you want to throw a parade for Bob for his play against the Bruins.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Bob went 3-1 as a starter against the Bruins. In those 4 games, he had an aggregated .891 save percentage.

Bob is stepping it up against the Leafs but I am confused why some of you want to throw a parade for Bob for his play against the Bruins.
Because of score ( board ) effects :sarcasm:

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Devils are a nice and up and coming team, need a top flight goalie going forward
Seems to be the one ingredient they’re missing. If Carolina holds on and wins this series like it look they will then I feel confident that New Jersey will be all in on Helleybuyck this summer.

If there’s one thing New Jersey knows, it’s the importance of having an elite goaltender.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Seems to be the one ingredient they’re missing. If Carolina holds on and wins this series like it look they will then I feel confident that New Jersey will be all in on Helleybuyck this summer.

If there’s one thing New Jersey knows, it’s the importance of having an elite goaltender.
Where was this elite goaltender for us vs VGK? We need an Elite goalie too.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Sounds like we are all agreed that the Jets problem has always been too many losers in the room.
My personal take is it is wrong to call these guys losers as many have won before in different situations. I think they are an unhappy bunch that has become dysfunctional. In a different situation I think many of them go onto to excel.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Jets problems are pretty well documented and Helleybuyck while he didn’t steal any games is the least of our problems.

So just gloss over the 0.886 and being outplayed by Brossoit? Or he's only really been elite in 1 of the past 5 PO/Play-ins series.

Maybe it's a bit unfair on Helle, bc he's built a great track record and a high standard. But in a position where we should have a clear advantage in the PO's I don't think he's played upto it consistently since 17-18.

I realize His PO sv% is comparable to his regular season's, however relative to other PO goalies sv% it's closer to middle of the pack.

Reactions: sipowicz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad