Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Looks like it took some ref help to get to OT with the Ducks also. Has anyone watched the replay of the disallowed goal? Not sure why they called that back.

Zegras is a player.

You can argue that neither player allowed the goalie to play his position, as they were right in the crease and didn't allow him to move laterally across the goalmouth. They didn't try to push him out of the way, but were just kind of... there. That's enough for the refs for incidental contact in the crease prior to the goal. Would he have made the save off of Justin Holl's skate deflection? Don't know. He wasn't allowed to be in position to try.

Reactions: BoneDocUK

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Looks like it took some ref help to get to OT with the Ducks also. Has anyone watched the replay of the disallowed goal? Not sure why they called that back.

Zegras is a player.
I did and agree whole-heartedly with you. Even two of the three talking heads on the TSN panel were baffled by that call. If not suspect, the officiating across the league is at least inconsistent......maybe it has always been?

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Power rankings have jets up +10 spaces this week. Kind of the opposite of the leafs.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada

Zegras is a player.
I watched it several times trying to figure out why the goal was called back, other than the Refs/"the war room" doing whatever they can to help the Leafs win. The "interference" appears to be Henrique being too strong/Kampf not being able to push him away.

Henrique wasn't in the crease. Yes, goalie got caught up on Kampf but also didn't look like he even saw the shot anyway. Seemed very questionable to me.

Also, there was the penalty shot awarded to Toronto, and identical play in the same game where Ducks were the victims and no penalty shot.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ahhh, the old 'never be happy' argument.

Chevy picks up legitimate NHLers and people complain we're wasting our prospects (who generally end up being replacement level at best)

Chevy doesn't pick up legitimate NHLers and people bitch he did nothing.

It would be different if our roster was that good, but it isn't, particularly the D corps.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Power rankings have jets up +10 spaces this week. Kind of the opposite of the leafs.

Well this certainly doesn’t fit with 95% of what I’ve read around here today.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It wasn't directly pointed at you, just a general observation about this forum. If your Kovacevics age and haven't played in the nhl, there's a reason. I'm happy for him but I'm fairly certain his play is not sustainable, and if it is, he's an outlier.

The number of prospects the Jets have wasted is extremely low. I think the Jets are actually better at developing players than many other teams

The bolded may or may not be true. Their top picks have been rated above where they have been picked, for the most part, and arrive mostly developed, whether it be in Europe, NCAA or Jr. Those who have succeeded so far have not usually had to spend a lot of time in the Jets system being developed.

Outside of the 1st rd picks, what players have the Jets 'developed'? How many prospects have failed to live up to expectations under Jets 'development'?

Reactions: Luc Labelle

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
The bolded may or may not be true. Their top picks have been rated above where they have been picked, for the most part, and arrive mostly developed, whether it be in Europe, NCAA or Jr. Those who have succeeded so far have not usually had to spend a lot of time in the Jets system being developed.

Outside of the 1st rd picks, what players have the Jets 'developed'? How many prospects have failed to live up to expectations under Jets 'development'?

"Outside of the 1st rd picks, what players have the Jets 'developed'? How many prospects have failed to live up to expectations under Jets 'development'?"

if you have high expectations for players outside the first round then you should really look up the odds for players drafted outside the first round playing >99 nhl games, it significantly drops from the first round on...

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

None first round picks:

Tanev
Appelton
Lowry
Copp
Helle
Comrie
Poolman

*Gus
*Samberg
*Kovacevik

Seems like we've developed our share of late round picks with a couple others looking like they will be NHL players. You can make the case about lack of impact players outside of Helle but we have developed a number of late round picks into NHL players.

I mean it's almost like you think no development occurs at the NHL level. Also if you want to include none NHL development the following top prospects saw atleast 1 year of AHL time:

Morrissey, Conner, Roslovic, Perfetti, Stanley.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
"Outside of the 1st rd picks, what players have the Jets 'developed'? How many prospects have failed to live up to expectations under Jets 'development'?"

if you have high expectations for players outside the first round then you should really look up the odds for players drafted outside the first round playing >99 nhl games, it significantly drops from the first round on...
Rule of thumb is if you get 2 players per draft you are above average.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It would be different if our roster was that good, but it isn't, particularly the D corps.
OK well you continue to be angst about Kovacevic. I'll just be happy he's getting an opportunity elsewhere and so far has made the most of it.

We can revisit this situation after the season is over.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
:laugh: Apparently Shanahan, Dubass and Keefe all need to fired immediately.
This is what happens when SN/TSN keep telling the folks in Southern Ontario what great management and coaching the Leafs have and how they have put together a powerhouse of a team. They wouldn't dare tell the masses that the Leafs have some holes and issues like all teams have for fear of losing eyeballs on tv and clicks online.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well Perfetti has driven play at an elite rate every level he's played at so I expect as he gets comfortable at the NHL level and gets stronger and quicker we will start to see that as well.

I agree completely with regards to the defensive development. They have integrated a good 12 plus forwards successfully but only 3 dmen in 11 years. They don't seem to have a good plan for our good young dmen. Honestly how much worse would we be playing Heinola over a Schmidt the last few seasons.

Pionk has dragged down whoever he's played with the last two years now. JoMo was over 50 XGF before being pairied with Pionk. The sooner that the org realizes Neal is a liability and moves him out the better.

I'm not quite ready to give up on Pionk yet. I don't like him with JMo on the 1st pair though and I didn't like him with Dillon last year. Running short of options.
Put DeMelo back with JMo and pair Pionk with Samberg. See what happens. Pionk may benefit from that 3rd pair opposition.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Seriously this is too funny ... talking about the Leaf fans having a melt down on the Jets' board when some Jet fans on these boards are having a melt down with the Jets getting 5/6 points on the 3 games in 4 nights road trip.
This is the NHL the best hockey players in the World play in this league. If you think one team can dominate another team for 60 minutes you need to get your head a shake.
The Blues' game was a fluke ... injuries and end of a road trip was the reason why the Blues looked sluggish and the Jets looked like World Champs.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

I think we tend to look at other teams and see a star drafted outside the 1st and wonder how did we miss out.

But every team has that. Every team in the league wonders how did they miss out on Hellebucyk, for example.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So, with the Leafs in win now panic mode...I wonder if Nylander could be had. Be a big boost to our top 6.

What would you offer for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad