Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Twitter is always a shit show and the Leaf twits are in full force get rid of Shanahan, Dubas, Keefe and the Zamboni driver. For me I though that the goaltending would be their downfall, but that forward group apart from pj boy have been terrible.

Reactions: kanadalainen

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
The ducks are due for a win. those fans are absolutely nuts. The amount of hatred for Justin Holl, keefe and dubas is just crazy.
Is it really that much stronger than the hatred we see on HFJets for Wheeler, Maurice, and Chevy? Only reason we don't see hate for Bones is that he's barely been here at this point.

Leafs board is maybe a bit more intense, but could you image what this place would be if the Jerts hadn't gotten past the first round in six straight attempts despite "generational" talent and all that money locked up in a few high scoring forwards? Can't totally blame them.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The standings after almost 10 games doesn’t look like most thought it would.
I’m sure some things will sort themselves out but parity is real and there could be some real big surprises by seasons end.

It is why winning the offseason guarantees nothing in this league. The East looks like a bloodbath so far and the west has had some real slow starts from some teams.

Canadiens look solid

A bunch of kids just going out and playing with no pressure. It reminds me of our 16-17 season where we integrated a lot of youth and took the reigns off. They are fun to watch.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
It is why winning the offseason guarantees nothing in this league. The East looks like a bloodbath so far and the west has had some real slow starts from some teams.

A bunch of kids just going out and playing with no pressure. It reminds me of our 16-17 season where we integrated a lot of youth and took the reigns off. They are fun to watch.

Yep. That was some of the most fun I've had as a Jets fan. Talent set free and seeming to outplay its coaching, night after night. And then rocketing into the following season and 2nd overall in the league.

Reactions: surixon

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Because he's a replacement level player? People live bitching for the sake of bitching? He would have been 11th on our depth chart? Should I go on?

Why would it stop while he continues to play well? When he starts bringing the Habs down in some way, or they waive him, maybe it will stop. So far, they are doing well and he is contributing.

If he would have been 11th on our depth chart, maybe someone is effing up the depth chart. Or maybe we should have cashed in 4-5 Dmen and promoted him. If we are that good and that deep at D we are wasting resources.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Why would it stop while he continues to play well? When he starts bringing the Habs down in some way, or they waive him, maybe it will stop. So far, they are doing well and he is contributing.

If he would have been 11th on our depth chart, maybe someone is effing up the depth chart. Or maybe we should have cashed in 4-5 Dmen and promoted him. If we are that good and that deep at D we are wasting resources.

This is why I brought it up in the first place. I'm not worried about losing the eighth defenseman on the depth chart; I'm worried about what it says about the Jets' ability to develop their players. Kovacevic was buried here, and is seemingly flourishing in Montreal. We have Heinola, Samberg, Chisholm, and Stanley all capable of playing NHL minutes, with only one open spot. No one is getting a chance while the incumbents are healthy and playing for the Jets. _That_ is my issue. Making this to be about Kovacevic is missing the forest for the trees.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The Devils really seem to have emerged from their rebuild in a terrific spot. They have a tonne of diverse forward talent and still have their last two top 5 picks on defense yet to join the team.

That will be a fun team to watch the next half decade.

This is why I brought it up in the first place. I'm not worried about losing the eighth defenseman on the depth chart; I'm worried about what it says about the Jets' ability to develop their players. Kovacevic was buried here, and is seemingly flourishing in Montreal. We have Heinola, Samberg, Chisholm, and Stanley all capable of playing NHL minutes, with only one open spot. No one is getting a chance while the incumbents are healthy and playing for the Jets. _That_ is my issue. Making this to be about Kovacevic is missing the forest for the trees.

Yeah the org needs to have a better plan on defense. Either you create space for some of these kids or you develop them and then sell them off for pieces of need or futures instead of loosing them for nothing.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Columbus can't be happy with that start given what they did this offseason. They got blown out yet again.

Saw some complaints about Laine's 2nd period on twitter. Always and forever a Jet apparently :sarcasm:

Looked into it myself and it looked like his 1st and 3rd periods were actually considerably worse than his second period so :dunno:

Edit: Reading their forum is depressing.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

At the very least, they could have showcased him, last year or this, to the point where they could get a return. Even a 7th is more than nothing.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
At the very least, they could have showcased him, last year or this, to the point where they could get a return. Even a 7th is more than nothing.
When do teams showcase their # 10 or 11 depth defenceman? They showcased him on the Moose and he got picked up on the waiver wire just like dozens of similarly talented players do every season.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Erik Gudbranson with -14 cumulative Gamescore, good for worst in the league among all skaters.
Among defensemen with minimum 100mins played this season (all 5v5) from NaturalStatTrick
3rd worst CF%
2nd worst FF%
1st worst xGA
4th worst xGF%

They lost Bjorkstrand because of that contract :laugh:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Erik Gudbranson with -14 cumulative Gamescore, good for worst in the league among all skaters.
Among defensemen with minimum 100mins played this season (all 5v5) from NaturalStatTrick
3rd worst CF%
2nd worst FF%
1st worst xGA
4th worst xGF%

I don't know how this guy keeps getting opportunities. He's the perfect example of old school thinking over ruling everything else. He's been awful for years.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
3rd worst CF%
2nd worst FF%
1st worst xGA
4th worst xGF%

I don't get how he keeps getting chance after chance.

I don't know how this guy keeps getting opportunities. He's the perfect example of old school thinking over ruling everything else. He's been awful for years.

Signed by the same GM that galaxy brained into Johnny Gaudreau and Patrik Laine. There's self-inflicted wounds, and there's accidentally shooting yourself in the dick.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Columbus can't be happy with that start given what they did this offseason. They got blown out yet again.

They added a superstar for the fan drive and business reasons but they needed more than another winger. They barely have 1 NHL level centre.

Reactions: Gabe Kupari
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad